Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform, delivers the premium experiences users deserve.
Qualcomm has branded its next flagship chip for Android smartphones with a number lucky in Chinese tradition.
It says the Snapdragon 888 will let handsets take high-resolution photos faster than before and perform AI-related tasks more efficiently.
Devices powered by the chip should be on sale by March.
Snapdragon 888 Specs
Snapdragon 888 is manufactured using 5nm process technology powered by Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU which is claimed to generate up to 25% uplift in overall CPU performance and allows top frequencies of up to 2.84GHz. It is also the first commercial CPU subsystem to be based on the Arm Cortex-X1. It is accompanied by a Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU.
As far as the camera features are concerned, Snapdragon 888 chipset comes with Spectra 580 ISP. It’s a triple Image Signal Processor (ISP), capable of capturing from three cameras simultaneously.
The Snapdragon 888 is Qualcomm’s first chip to be made using a five nano-meter process. This is a reference to the fact its transistors are smaller than before and can therefore be packed more densely together to offer performance gains.
Apple’s iPhone recently launched with processors based on a similar technology manufactured by Taiwan’s TSMC.
But Qualcomm has opted to have its chips made by Samsung’s semiconductor division despite the fact that TSMC produced its earlier flagship 865 and 855 ranges.
“Snapdragon 888 will… transform smartphones into professional cameras,” said Qualcomm in a press release.
Qualcomm said the chip’s “AI engine” had also been completely re-engineered.
This refers to parts of the processor designed to specialize in mathematical tasks useful for pattern recognition and other tasks that help software make sense of the external world.
The firm suggested this would help software developers make improvements to:
- live-motion tracking of objects, aiding auto-focus in video and photography
- augmented reality filters in apps
- automatically adjusting audio to take account of the device’s immediate environment
“888 is regarded by the Chinese as a symbol of fortune and prosperity, which will also undoubtedly chime well with Qualcomm’s expectations of success.”
Also Read :
- Apple to block Apple Silicon Mac users from side-loading iPhone apps
- Why You Need To Hire An Expert HTML Developer For Your Development Company
- Sony PlayStation 5 restock update, Details Inside
- Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra : Pre-order, Sale and launch
- Snapchat permanently bans President Trump’s account
- iOS 14.4 beta 2 released: Here is how to download iOS 14.4 beta 2 on your iPhone
- PUBG Mobile 1.2 global version update: Download using the APK file from ofiicial site