Sony is all set to launch the fifth generation of its console in November but because of trademark issues, the launch of PS5 may delay in India.
- Sony is unable to initiate prebooking and announce the availability date of PS5 in India.
- PlayStation 5 is expected to launch somewhere in November in India.
- Hitesh Aswani has filed naming rights for PS5 in India on October 29, 2019.
Sony is ready to launch its next-gen gaming console worldwide on November 12, 2020. And in India, the PS5 console may available for sale later in the month. But there are rumors that Sony is not able to start pre-booking or even announce the availability date in India as a Delhi based guy has filed the trademark for the product.
Information from Mako Reactor claims that the trademark for the PS5 name in India was filed on October 29, 2019, by Hitesh Aswani, who apparently resides in Delhi, almost three months before Sony applied for the trademark, India Today reported.
As it stands, the filing is currently contested. According to the report, despite the fact that the company is expected to win the case, this could delay the launching of the console in India.
As far as the console’s launch globally, the PS5 is set to launch on November 12, 2020, in select countries including the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea.
On November 19, after a week later rest markets will witness the PlayStation 5.
- Microsoft, Elon Musk’s SpaceX Tie up to Woo Space Customers
- YouTube app’s new modification in seek bar may annoy Android, iOS users
- Netflix plans two-day event ‘StreamFest’ for free service in India for 48 hours
- How to download Minecraft beta versions (Complete installation guide for PC & Android)
- Apple Launches Apple Music TV, 24-Hour Music Video Channel in The US
- Taiwanese carriers believe iPhone 12 could be best selling Apple phone in 5 years
- WhatsApp will soon allow users to make voice and video calls on web
- Fortnite Fortnitemares 2020: Midas Return, Halloween Event Leaks, Start Date