- Airtel Payments Bank launched a digital platform -DigiGold.
- Users can invest in 24K gold using the Airtel Thanks application.
- Customers can also gift DigiGold to their family and friends.
Airtel Payments Bank launched DigiGold to make investments in gold. This has been introducing in partnership with SafeGold, a provider of digital gold.
DigiGold allows customers to start with an investment of as low as Re 1. Customers can also gift DigiGold to their family and friends, who have a savings account with the Airtel Payments Bank. Airtel has recently restructured its businesses to separate digital entities from the larger telecom business
Ganesh Ananthanarayanan, Chief Operating Officer said:
“Our customers can now invest in gold through a seamless digital journey on our app. We also plan to introduce Systematic Investment Plans to enable customers to invest regularly.”
“The gold purchased by customers is stored securely by SafeGold at no additional cost and can be sold through Airtel Thanks app at any time in a matter of few clicks,” it said adding that there is no minimum investment value requirement”.
The Airtel Digigold platform allows customers to buy 24-karat digital gold of 99.9 percent purity at live market rates. Once purchased, investors can view the digital gold in their portfolios and sell or redeem the gold at their convenience.
Here’s how to buy digital gold on Airtel Digigold:
1. Download the Airtel app and open an account.
2. Go to the ‘Invest’ section on the mobile app.
3. Enter the amount of gold you wish to buy in grams or rupees.
4. Choose the payment method- UPI or net banking.
5. Digital Gold will instantly credit to the portfolio.
Akshaya Tritiya is traditionally associated with buying or gifting gold, believing that it will bring good luck. However this year, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, customers are driven towards digital gold, as it is a safer and convenient option.
There is no need for individuals to have a bank account for using the Airtel Money App. One can register, operate the app without having a bank account in their name. With Airtel Money, one need not have to maintain a minimum balance.
Thanks for Reading!!