Albert Uderzo. (Picture Credit: AFP)
Paris, March 24: Albert Uderzo, who drew the “Asterix and Obelix” comics that delighted legions of kids and adults over the previous six a long time, has died aged 92, his household mentioned Tuesday. “Albert Uderzo died in his sleep at his residence in Neuilly, after a coronary heart assault that was not linked to the coronavirus. He had been extraordinarily drained for the previous a number of weeks,” his son-in-law Bernard de Choisy advised AFP.
Uderzo created Asterix in 1959 with the author Rene Goscinny, who introduced them to life within the French-Belgian comics journal Pilote. The adventures of the indomitable Gaul, along with his winged helmet and formidable blond moustache, and his huge sidekick Obelix as they gleefully thwarted Roman legionnaires grew to become an enormous hit, with translations into dozens of languages. Aamir Khan and His Son Azad Costume Up as Asterix and Obelix for the Coolest Footage on the Web As we speak.
The sequence has prolonged into 38 books, most not too long ago “The Daughter of Vercingetorix” from final yr, although Uderzo had stopped illustrating by then, whereas Goscinny died in 1977. Each males are thought of founding fathers of recent comics and graphic novels, with greater than 370 million of their books bought worldwide, and several other tales changed into animated cartoons and have movies.
- Microsoft says it doesn’t need to sell the Xbox Series X for it to be successful
- Donald Trump campaign website hacked by cryptocurrency scammers
- Google Pay taken down from App Store for fixing an issue
- Zoom rolling out end-to-end encryption, YouTube live streaming on Android
- Facebook launches cloud gaming service for Android and Desktop users
- PUBG Mobile Season 16 Release Date, Royale Pass, Rewards and Rumoured content
- How to Watch Funimation Outside the US (Quick Guide)
- ByteDance in Early Talks to List Chinese Short Video App Douyin in Hong Kong: Sources