- Amazon Alexa Gets Amitabh Bachchan’s Voice.
- You need to pay Rs. 149 to get the celebrity voice for one year.
- Users can add Bachchan’s voice to their Echo smart displays and speakers by pressing the mic icon.
Amazon on Thursday launched the voice of the 78-year-old Bollywood star as a part of its efforts to amuse existing users and attract new consumers to use its voice assistant over Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri.
Manoj Sidhwani, Vice President of Alexa Speech, Amazon said:
“In transfer learning, you teach the models to learn skills in one domain and then you take that learning and start transferring it to a second domain. So we started by creating a wake word model that had a medium-sized vocabulary… And then have to also deal with the fact that it has to work in a lot of conditions including different noise profiles.”
To enable the feature on your Echo devices, you will have to pay an introductory price of Rs 149 per year. You can simply give a command saying, “Alexa, introduce me to Amitabh Bachchan” to make the purchase and then interact with him using the wake word “Amit Ji”. At only Rs 149, you will have access to handpicked content by Amitabh Bachchan. You can listen to stories from his life, a selection of poems by his father, tongue twisters, motivational quotes, and more.
How to change Alexa’s voice using iPhone or Android app?
You can change Alexa’s voice directly from an Amazon Echo or Echo Show device. Just say, “Alexa change your voice.” If you have more than one device, Alexa will ask you to specify a device. If your Amazon Echo doesn’t support this feature, Alexa will say something like “Sorry, your device doesn’t support that.” If you have multiple devices, repeat this process to change the voice on all your devices.
You can also change the voice using the Alexa app for iOS and Android.
- Open the Alexa app and go to the “Devices” tab.
- Select the “Echo & Alexa” button in the top-left corner.
- Select the device where you want to change the voice.
- Tap the Settings (gear icon) in the top-right corner.
- Choose the “Alexa’s Voice” option, and switch to the “New” option to enable the new voice.
Thanks for Reading!!