In the era of digitization, it is relevant to possess basic understanding of Digital Adoption process that would lead to complete digital transformation. With the market being flooded with good amount of software and application, users are often left in dilemma to pick up the best suited solution for digitization. And with that comes the challenge of adopting and using them all. Out of this a new category of technology has emerged with innovative approach and methodology, having a firm objective of helping employees in adopting technology through available platforms.
What are Digital Adoption Solutions?
As illustrated by Gartner, “Digital adoption solutions are used to improve adoption of multiple tools across the organization. The software walks a user through business processes across multiple products. It provides a consistent user experience, eliminating in some cases manual entry. It supplies visually clear paths to complete tasks. It enables sellers to be on-boarded faster and improve productivity. Sales is a key use case but this technology can apply to other areas in an organization as well as to external products sold by an organization.”
With traditional workplace giving way to digital workplace in a rapid pace, digital adoption solutions are gradually becoming a crucial component with some pertinent reasons:
- New and complicated technologies are now implemented by businesses in areas that had been traditionally ignored for a tech revamp.
- Extra time, effort and energy goes in learning these new technologies.
- Training effectiveness directly impacts user engagement, thus contributing to their overall performance and productivity.
In current scenario, honing digital skills are a must in today’s digital workplace. As a result, many businesses and enterprises are busy implementing Digital Adoption Solutions in order to stay in the competition and enhance its productive and maximize software ROI. In the coming years, penetration of digital adoption solution software will see a rapid jump.
Basic Features of Digital Adoption Solution
Since the software market is crowded with many players, everybody makes noise to get customer attention claiming to have certain USPs in their Digital Adoption Solution. However there are some basic features that should be available with these software and one should ascertain the same before shortlisting a solution provider and they are as follows:
- Being Contextual – Mostly employees are habituated using multiple and different applications to complete their tasks. This is where Digital Adoption Solutions can provide contextual and automated training to employees that’s very specific to their role in the organisation and avoid generic stuffs. It also highly depends on factors such as user location, and behaviour. Personalised learning experience is imparted, instead of giving random training. This in a way provides clarity.
- Real Time Availability – The guidance provided is an essential feature and hence should be real time, so that the user gets his doubt cleared instantly while performing the task. Any delay in response to his problem or query can lead to avoid that particular task and might take longer time to accomplish the given task by the user.
- Being Interactive – Performing a task after reading the user manual is now passé. Getting full time attention of the users has now become a tough job. Even an interesting training presentation has become ineffective. Digital Adoption solutions need to be interactive with hands-on task being performed. In-App preparation largely helps to achieve the task of a user’s interactive training.
- Being Progressive – Every employee has different skill sets and differ in their learning styles, abilities and needs. Keeping this user dynamics in mind Digital Adoption Solutions should provide various guidance on several parameters like instruction, information and validation.
- Being Autonomous – Repeated processes in the system can often lead to user fatigue who in turn might lose interest in performing a task. Hence, automatic execution of certain repetitive tasks on user’s behalf should be enabled for enhanced productivity.
Advantages of Digital Adoption Solution
Undoubtedly Digital Adoption solutions provide a great deal of benefits to the users in their aim of adopting digitization. Some of those significant merits are as below:
- For employees it makes life easy in understanding complex business processes and assist them in certain tasks that are hardly being carried out and brings in change management in the organisation.
- Digital Adoption solutions aids new joiners of the organisation to on-board much faster.
- Learning curve gets shortened and happens faster.
- All the training material are stored at a centralized location for better and easy access.
- Because of process automation some of the manual data entry method is eliminated completely.
- The software defines a clear path to complete all the tasks.
- Time spent on completion of tasks in multiple solutions are relatively lessened and thereby improves productivity.
- These software saves on training cost.
- Through these software adequate usage is enhanced along with increase in knowledge retention.
- Queries are addressed and solved on a real time basis, thereby minimizing support cost.
- These software provides consistency in UX and UI.
How does a Digital Adoption Solution function?
Most of the Digital Adoption Solution software provides support through each phase of its implementation process and usage:
- Pre Go-Live : 63% of time and effort involved at this particular stage is reduced by the digital adoption software. By enabling the learning in the workflow this can be achieved since the users are engaged with the app.
- Go-Live : By helping skilled users, the digital adoption software guarantees a proper implementation phase. As a result, without bothering about fully trained employees, the launch can happen while the users pick-up their pace on the go.
- Post Go-Live : At this particular stage, the adoption software provides self-serving support, automation, advance analytics, change and release management.