Connect with us

Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua responds to Tyson Fury’s claim that he’ll ‘batter him’ in unification fight

Published

on


Anthony Joshua fired back at Tyson Fury (Picture: Getty)

Anthony Joshua insists Tyson Fury is ‘just another opponent’ after the Gypsy King said he would ‘batter’ Joshua in the pair’s unification fight.

Talks are underway for the duo to contend their five titles but there’s considerable obstacles to overcome as both fighters already have scheduled fights with Kubrat Pulev and Deontay Wilder, while any bout is likely to have to wait until a vaccine is found for Covid-19 to cash in on the record audience it would likely command.

Wilder wants around £8.1million in step-aside money to lose his chance of a rematch against Fury, while Pulev is reluctant to give up his mandatory challenge claim against Joshua for the IBF title.

Nevertheless, the fight that has everyone talking is the unification bout between Fury and Joshua that is on the horizon and the Gypsy King said last week that he would ‘batter’ the Englishman.

But Joshua has hit back at Fury by saying the Manchester-born fighter wouldn’t even represent the biggest fight of his career.

‘You know what? There will be even bigger [fights in my career] because I’m not going anywhere,’ Joshua said on Instagram Live.

‘I’m here to make history. I’m hungry, I’m fired up, Fury’s just another opponent at the end of the day.

‘It’s going to be big for everyone else but I’ve got to keep myself together and I look at Fury like he’s just another fighter.

More: Boxing

Despite those claims, Joshua insists he is looking forward to the fight and says he’s learned from his defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr.

‘Yeah in terms of the spectacle, the trash talk, two juggernauts coming together, I can’t wait,’ he continued.

‘I’ve tasted what being on top of that mountain tastes like, I’ve tasted what being knocked off tastes like and I’ve climbed back up.

‘Whoever steps in front of me now will know i’m not looking to go back down.

‘When i’m fighting Pulev or when the opportunity to fight Fury for the WBC for the they’re going to see what it’s like for a man to lose it all and won it back, a man that’s experienced those turbulences doesn’t want to go through that again.

MORE: ‘I would love to see it!’ – Anthony Joshua reacts as Mike Tyson hints he’s ready to return to boxing

Anthony Joshua

Evander Holyfield responds to Mike Tyson again with incredible training video featuring Wladimir Klitschko

Published

on


Evander Holyfield has revealed his most impressive boxing training montage to date (Instagram)

Evander Holyfield is making superb progress ahead of a potential fight with Mike Tyson judging by his latest training video featuring Wladimir Klitschko.

The 57-year-old announced earlier this month that he is planning a return to the ring and a potential exhibition bout against Tyson – who he has beaten twice in his profession career – has been touted.

Holyfield and Tyson have both released clips of their training sessions over the last four weeks and the two former heavyweight champions still look in excellent shape.

But on Friday, Holyfield dropped his best training montage to date as he showed impressive power and speed on the pads, while he still appears to have plenty of strength as he bench-pressed considerable weight before showing off a few pull-ups and dips with a heavy chain draped around his neck.

Eagle-eyed fans will also notice in the video that Holyfield has enlisted the help of Wladimir Klitschko and former light-heavyweight world champion Antonio Tarver.

In the video, Klitschko was briefly seen with a clipboard in his hand while Holyfield was skipping before the former undisputed heavyweight champion was involved in a powerful handshake with the 57-year-old.

Meanwhile, Tarver was the man holding the pads for Holyfield and ended the video by saying: ‘The real deal is back, baby’.

Holyfield also introduced the video with the hashtag ‘#teamholyfield’, which suggests Klitschko and Tarver could be making more appearances in the future.

Tyson, meanwhile, left fans stunned with his impressive physique in his latest video on Wednesday evening.

In a message to his Chinese fans on social media platform Weibo, the 53-year-old confirmed he was considering a return to boxing and said, ‘if I do, I’m going to fight with the spirit of Mao’.

When asked about a potential trilogy fight against Holyfield this week, Tyson told TMZ: ‘Listen I know don’t if me and Evander are going to get in the ring but it would be awesome for charity.

Wladimir Klitschko appears to be helping Evander Holyfield prepare for his return (Instagram)
Mike Tyson showed off his impressive physique in a video to fans this week (Weibo)

‘Can you imagine me and him going in the ring together as arch enemies, doing it for the humanity of people, for people less fortunate than ourselves. What would that be like?

‘That’s something that’s never been done by any entertainer or any sports figure in the history of sports.’

Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Continue Reading

Trending