- Apple has delayed the launch of its new podcast subscription service.
- The service previously set to launch this month.
- It will go live in over 170 countries including India.
If you’ve been eager to sign up for Apple Podcasts Subscriptions, first announced during the April Spring Loaded event, you’ll have to wait a little longer. The paid subscriptions in the iOS Podcasts app have been delayed until June to make last-minute tweaks.
They also acknowledged issues some creators have experienced with the Apple Podcasts directory, which has led to slower show updates for listeners.
Apple Podcast Subscription: Reasons for Delay In Service
- The change in launch date follows difficulties, some creators have experienced in using Apple Podcasts Connect, a portal for submitting shows and monitoring their performance.
- Some creators were experiencing issues with the content being uploaded by creators through its Apple Podcasts Connect portal.
Apple company said:
“To ensure delivering the best experience for creators and listeners, Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels will now launch in June. Over the last few weeks, some creators have experienced delays in the availability of their content and access to Apple Podcasts Connect. We will communicate further updates on availability, and best practices to help you prepare your subscriptions and channels, through this newsletter.”
Apple in April said it was introducing a service that would let podcast creators charge for their shows, with Apple keeping a 30% commission in the first year of a subscription and thereafter dropping commissions to 15%, similar to its App Store.
Apple Podcast features more than 2 million free shows and is available for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod mini, CarPlay, iTunes on Windows, and other smart speakers and car systems.
When it goes live in June, Apple Podcasts Subscriptions will be available in over 170 countries including India. To create monetizable podcasts, creators will need to enroll in the Apple Podcasters Program through Apple Podcasts Connect. The program will come with the tools needed to offer premium subscriptions.
Thanks for Reading!!