- iOS 14.6 update is now available for iPhone 6s and later users.
- It comes with Apple Card Family support, security fixes, and a bunch of bug fixes.
- You can now check for these software updates in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Apple has released new software updates for its operating systems. iOS 14.6 brings podcast subscription support, Apple Card Family, and the updates that become the foundation for Apple Music Lossless, which is coming in June.
iOS 14.6 update is about 900MB in size. According to the size, iOS 14.6 is a major update for all iOS users.
- iOS 14.6 update brings Podcasts support with a subscription for channels and individual shows.
- It provides the Lost Mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories.
- The big feature is the support for Apple Music’s new lossless and spatial audio features.
- The update adds support for the Apple Card Family, which was announced at the company’s special spring event.
- Users with voice control can unlock their iPhone using only their voice.
- iOS 14.6 also fixes various bugs including the issue where the Apple Watch unlocking didn’t work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch.
iOS 14.6 update: Smartphones Eligible for Update
The latest iOS 14.6 updates can be downloaded globally on all compatible iPhones. The list includes the iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone XS series, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone SE (2nd generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
How to install the iOS 14.6 update on your iPhone?
It installs just like any other software update, there aren’t any extra steps you need to take. Before proceeding with steps, please plug your device with the charger to ensure, you don’t drain the battery, and a strong Wi-Fi connection will help speed up the process without burning through your data plan. On your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings from your Home screen.
- Click on the General settings option.
- Tap on the Software Update option.
- After That click on the Download and Install option to upgrade the software.
Thanks for Reading!!