- Battlefield 2042 is the next installment in DICE’s storied multiplayer shooter series.
- The game is available for pre-order and is scheduled to release on October 22 this year.
- EA will release the gameplay trailer on June 13.
The next entry into the Battlefield franchise has officially been revealed, and it’s called Battlefield 2042. It arrives on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and Xbox One on October 22. Preorders are now live at Best Buy or Microsoft.
Battlefield 2042 will focus on its multiplayer offering, supporting 128 players on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series S and X, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game support 64 players. There will also be the option of playing against AI bots, either solo or with a squad of friends.
Battlefield 2042 Expected Gameplay:
- It will feature bigger maps than ever before and more players battling it out across the giant locals.
- Battlefield 2042 will also introduce dynamic weather events like sandstorms and tornadoes that wind up altering play and wreaking havoc.
- You won’t always have to play online against other people, though. Select modes will feature AI bots that you can team up with and fight against.
Pre-order Benefits and price Details
Those who preorder Battlefield 2042 gain seven-day early access on Oct. 15, plus early entry to the open beta slated for closer to launch. You also gain the “Pre Order Pack,” with exclusive cosmetics available only to those who purchase a copy before the street date.
- Battlefield 2042 game
- Early access from Oct. 15
- Early open beta access
- Pre Order Pack
- Baku ACB-90 melee takedown knife
- “Mr. Chompy” Epic weapon charm
- “Landfall” player card background
- “Old Guard” tag
Battlefield 2042 is available for $60 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 costing $70 for the standard edition.