The foremost important reason to use ExpressVPN while using firesticks is its ability to showcase a variety of media streaming services. So if your VPN is slow, you can’t take it in a casual way as you will not be able to take full advantage of it. So is it worth it? Absolutely not? Then what to do? Don’t worry, We are here for your rescue!! Just scroll down and discover here everything about the best fixes to resolve slow ExpressVPN speeds on Firestick.
So what we have done is that we have wrapped all the quick and easiest ways to resolve slow ExpressVPN speeds on Firestick in a single post. So, leave your worries now and check out !!
How to Resolve Slow ExpressVPN Speeds on Firestick
Find out the root cause behind the slow ExpressVPN on Firestick
Initially, if you can’t diagnose a disease then you can’t find its cure as well. Right? Similarly, before finding out solutions for its speed, we must recognize the primary reason for the slow speed, But the question is how to find that? No worries, there could be obvious finite reasons for the same. What you have to do is to check out each one by one and find out which is the real concern for you. Once the reason would be known, it will be easy for you to find a quick solution.
There could be the following reasons –
Run a speed test
Initially, you need to know what speed are you getting from your ISP? You can use any tool to check your internet speed. But before proceeding to that make sure that no apps should be running in the background, and it includes ExpressVPN too.
Pick any tool from it and test the speed of your connection. Have a close eye on the numbers. If they are close to your expectations or they comply with the standards that your ISP has set, then it’s time to go for the next method but if the speed loss is dramatic then you need to have a conversation with your Internet service provider.
Check Out your Router status
It is very much important to restart the router once a month.
If a large amount of data is transferred daily, then your router might raise some issues. so restart your router once. But before restarting your router directly, we will advise having a power cycle on your router. Don’t know what is power cycle? No issues !! A power cycle is basically a process in which you unplug the router from the socket first, then wait for few seconds, and then plug it back in. You can also reset your router.
Update your Operating System
The next approach in order to fix your slow ExpressVPN is to check that your operating system and router firmware are all up to date. Because if you are using software that is outdated then it may be a primary reason for the slowness of your ExpressVPN as it slowdowns the speed of internet connection.
CHOOSE A WIRED CONNECTION
If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, then it directly affects your speed. You know why? That is because wireless connections used to transmit data over a shared channel. That finally gives you slower speeds. Whereas the Wired connections have better speeds. Moreover, the Wired connections are much reliable than Wi-Fi connections.
Check out Another VPN Server via ExpressVPN
Well, you must know that ExpressVPN works differently in different locations. So try to change your location on your VPN and then check out how the services are now. For this follow these simple steps.
- Run ExpressVPN on your Firestick first.
- Then check out which server you used in your previous session by clicking on three dots on the right side of the windows.
- Now move to the “All locations tab” and a list of all servers will pop out. Pick a server that you have not used in the previous session.
- One thing worth noting here is that if you’re trying to connect to an overly remote server (in relation to your physical location), your Internet connection speed will go down.
Send Diagnostic Data to ExpressVPN’s Team
- Run ExpressVPN and go to its home screen.
- Then, go to the ‘hamburger’ button on the left side on the top.
- A menu will appear, find out the ‘Help & Support.’ option from it.
- Now here, you have two options: Submit your query by typing in your issue in the textbox or do live chat at the customer support tab.
- If you want to go for the former one, then type your complete query in the textbox and mention your entire issue in detail. Don’t forget to mention all methods you have tried to resolve Slow ExpressVPN Speeds on Firestick. So that you don’t get an obvious response that you have tried earlier and submit your request. Usually, ExpressVPN reverts back in 24 hours. So keep an eye on your mailbox to have a supportive solution.
- Moreover, live-chat is also available. If you want an instant solution, then live-chat is surely recommended. As here a technical support team will help you to resolve Slow ExpressVPN Speeds on Firestick.
Moreover, you can reduce the Encryption Level to Fix Slow ExpressVPN.
You can try TCP and UDP Protocols
Found these tips useful? Then share it maximum with your friends and family !!