- The pulse oximeter is playing a vital role in all our lives these days.
- The Careplix Vitals app is only available for iOS users.
- The new app can monitor your blood oxygen level, pulse, and respiration rates.
With an increase in demand for vital health devices, the prices of pulse oximeters have been increasing by manufacturers. Now, in order to replace an oximeter, a Kolkata-based health startup has developed an app for mobile.
Telemedicine has gotten a much-needed shot in the COVID-19 era. Gone are the days people queued for hours outside pharmacies, purchasing pulse oximeters at a high price.
The application can help monitor your blood oxygen level, pulse, and respiration rates. The app-based tool to monitor oxygen saturation (SpO2) levels using nothing more than a fingertip, a smartphone camera, and a flash.
Features of Careplix Vitals App
- Heart Rate monitor
- Oxygen Saturation monitor
- Respiration Rate monitor
Subhabrata Paul, Co-Founder CareNow Healthcare said:
“We are achieving this through our smartphone’s rear camera and flashlight. If you see the wearables and oximeters have infrared light sensors in them but for the phone, we just have the flashlight”.
“Once we cover the rear camera and flashlight with the finger and start the scan for around 40 seconds, we are doing nothing but calculating the difference of light intensity, and based on the difference we plot the PPG graph. From the graph, the SpO2 and pulse rate derives.”
CarePlix Vitals download for iOS :
- Downloading the CarePlix Vitals app on iOS devices is quite easy, all you need to do is go to Apple App Store.
- Now, type and search Careplix Vitals App on the Search Bar.
- Once the search is complete, select the App Published by Care now Healthcare Private Limited (India).
- As soon as the window opens, tap on the Install Button, and the CarePlix Vitals app will be installed.
Careplix Vitals for Android:
The Careplix Vitals app for Android is yet to be made available on the Google Play Store. You need to visit the official website of Careplix Vitals and download the APK file. To download this APK file, you need to click on the Android download option on the website.
Thanks for Reading!!