- Clubhouse Android App Crosses 1 Million Downloads on Google Play Store.
- The Android app was launched on May 21.
- The app requires new users to obtain an invite from an existing user to gain access.
Voice-based social networking platform, Clubhouse, has been in the news owing to the buzz created by celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey and Elon Musk. Its popularity can be estimated from the fact it already crossed the 1 million downloads mark on the google play store since its launch this month on 21st May.
We can surely give credit to the platform for being creative and not ultimately look and feel like another Facebook, Twitter, or even Instagram alternative. What makes it even more elite is the invitation-only criteria that further restrict its reach. However, the numbers speak a different story slightly.
The clubhouse has managed to create much hype around its platform, and we can give some credit to personalities like Elon Musk, the SpaceX and Tesla CEO, for making an appearance that helped surge the download on the App Store.
Clubhouse for Android: Requirements
- Android users should also note that they need version 8.0 or above of the operating system to run the app.
- Users need an invite to gain access to the app whether on Android or iOS.
How to Download and install the Clubhouse Android app?
- First, open the Google Playstore on your smartphone.
- After that, search for Clubhouse Application in the Store.
- Tap the Install button.
- Once installed, tap Open to launch the App.
- Create your username and password, then tap the Log In button.
- If you have 2FA turned on, you’ll be prompted to enter your Two Factor Code from your Authenticator app after entering your password.
- To log in or out of the Clubhouse app or switch between multiple Workspaces, tap the Clubhouse Flag icon in the upper left-hand corner of the app.
A lot of platforms have introduced their own versions of audio-only apps to rival Clubhouse. Apps like Discord, Reddit, Telegram, and Twitter have launched their own versions like Discord Stage Channel, Reddit Talk, Telegram Voice Chats 2.0, and Twitter Spaces, respectively.
Thanks for Reading!!