- Cyber expert asks Flipkart users to reset passwords to avoid fraud.
- Flipkart should secure its accounts: Rajashekhar Rajaharia tweeted.
- Queries sent to Amazon and BigBasket did not elicit any immediate response.
According to the experts, cybercriminals are selling sets of email addresses and passwords of customers from leaked databases of BigBasket, that match with accounts of e-commerce firm Flipkart and Amazon.
People are using the same password for all websites. Almost all emails are matching with the Bigbasket database. Please Change your Flipkart Passwords to protect yourself from any fraud.
Cyber Expert, Rajashekhar Rajaharia tweeted:
“It seems, some people are selling Bigbasket Email: Password combinations as Flipkart data. People are using the same password for all websites. Almost all emails are matching with Bigbasket DB (database). Change your Flipkart Passwords asap.”
“Anyone with a combination of leaked email and password can easily log in from anywhere including VPN/TOR to Flipkart. Please mandatory 2FA ( two-factor authentication) for all accounts,” Rajaharia said.
How to Reset Flipkart account password Through Flipkart’s Mobile App?
Follow these steps to reset your account password:
- Open the mobile app to see the login screen
- Enter your email id or phone number
- Click on the ‘Forgot?’ option
- Flipkart will send you an OTP to your email address or phone number. Hit the resend button if you do not receive your OTP on the first attempt.
- Enter your new password to reset the password.
How to Reset Flipkart account password Through Flipkart’s Website?
- Go to Flipkart’s website and log in to your account
- Enter your email address or number that you used to register your account
- Click on the ‘forgot?’ button when asked for a password.
- You will receive an OTP that you should enter on the next popup.
- After entering your OTP, you will be asked to enter a new password.
The steps outlined above should be able to help you reset your Flipkart account. If you suspect that your account has been compromised and you cannot log into your account, please get in touch with Flipkart Help Centre or reach out to Flipkart Customer Care to report the issue.
Thanks for Reading!!