There are plenty of apps to track your fitness but unfortunately, the major ones are going to disappear or merging with witness wear companies. Endomondo is one of the most renowned fitness tracker applications and the heartbreaking news is that this application will shut down by the end of the year.
Leading fitness tracker application, Endomondo will no longer be available from December 31, 2020. The company has revealed that the application will be shut down by the closing of the current year. Under Armour, the company that posses Endomondo has decided to take back the app from the app store.
“On December 31st, 2020, Endomondo will be retired and rendered inoperative. Under Armour will remove Endomondo from all app stores and will no longer provide bug fixes or customer support for any version of the Endomondo app that remains on your device. If you have been tracking workouts in Endomondo, UA MapMyRun provides a comparable tracking experience,” the support page of Endonmodo read.
As a result from December 31, users will not be able to utilize the application for their fitness needs. According to reports, the premium memberships will be canceled by the closing of 2020 but users can take the advantages till December 31.
“On November 30, 2020, all Premium memberships will be canceled and no further charges for Endomondo Premium will occur. You will retain your Premium benefits, however, until the app’s official retirement date of December 31, 2020. Users who already paid for Premium through December 2020 or beyond will receive a prorated refund, managed by the platform with which you subscribed,” the company stated.
The company, Under Armour, has already marketed its another fitness application named MapMyRun and users can export their current workout data from Endomondo to MapMyRun.
“Your data rights matter to us! We’ve made porting your workouts from Endomondo to UA MapMyRun a seamless process. When you transfer your workout history from Endomondo to UA MapMyRun, you can enroll in personalized training plans and continue to benefit from being part of a global fitness community. You will have access to your Endomondo data, and the ability to import it into UA MapMyRun or another platform, until March 31, 2021. After the 31st, your personal data will be deleted,” the support page read.
How to export workout data from Endomondo to MapMyRun?
- First of all, navigate to the website MapMyRun and generate an account.
- From the drop-down menu move to settings.
- You will observe the “Connect” option on the left side of the side, click on it.
- Now Click on MapMyFitness that occurs when you choose the Connect option.
- Finally, Enter the email address and password for the MapMyRun account and tap on “Authorize.”
- After connecting the accounts are, click on the toggle on the “Sync past workouts” option.
So folks, don’t lose hope as the brand new application is on the way to tackle your fitness needs. And here you learned how to migrate your workout data from the old application to the new one. Hit share if you found the post informative.
- Google to add these two features to Maps and Search for business owners
- Hackers targeted COVID vaccine supply ‘cold chain’
- Government warns Wikipedia on showing Wrong Map of J & K
- Qualcomm launched Snapdragon 888 for Android
- Paytm’s stake sale under consideration : Details Inside
- Learn More About Casey Hooper
- Facebook To Launch News Service In UK In January With Several Outlets Onboard
- Flipkart Flipstart days sale to start from December 1 with up to 80% off on electronic accessories