For eliminating confusion and abuse Facebook has decided to ban political ads after the US Presidential election.
- In order to limit misinformation about the US Presidential election, Facebook will ban political ads after the polls close on November 3.
- Facebook will also attach labels to some election-related posts with a link to its Voting Information Center
- An information box on the news feeds on Instagram and Facebook will be added.
Facebook said that it will stop running political adverts in the United States after the closing of the Presidential elections on November 3.
The ban is for avoiding confusion, misinformation, and abuse of its services days following the event. Not only political ads but also Facebook will remove the posts that encourage people to tune into the polls.
Facebook in a blog post noted, “While ads are an important way to express voice, we plan to temporarily stop running all social issue, electoral, or political ads in the US after the polls close on November 3rd, to reduce opportunities for confusion or abuse,”
To deny the false triumph Facebook will add “more specific information” and also add labels to the election-related posts with a link to its voting information center.
Facebook further noted that if a candidate declared the winner by major media outlets is contested by another candidate or party, Facebook will show the name of the declared winning candidate with notifications at the top of Facebook and Instagram, as well as label posts from presidential candidates, with the declared winner’s name and a link to the Voting Information Center.
- Apple Launches Apple Music TV, 24-Hour Music Video Channel in The US
- Taiwanese carriers believe iPhone 12 could be best selling Apple phone in 5 years
- WhatsApp will soon allow users to make voice and video calls on web
- Fortnite Fortnitemares 2020: Midas Return, Halloween Event Leaks, Start Date
- Google Trusted Contacts App Removed from both Play Store & Apple’s App Store
- GTA Vice City Cheater APK: Everthing You Need to Know
- Best WWE Kodi Addon in 2020 – How to Watch WWE on Kodi
- Sony Revealed PS5 Price in India: Rs 39,990 for digital edition, Rs 49,990 for regular variant