Nobody does it like BTS in the case of caring for their followers (referred to as ARMY). The septet’s Seoul live shows this month, which might’ve kicked off their worldwide stadium tour to advertise “Map of the Soul: 7,” had been canceled in response to the coronavirus pandemic. However the Korean group has put collectively a novel and free occasion as a present for his or her followers. The digital on-line BANG BANG CON will showcase BTS’ live shows and fan meets (musters) from 2014 — a 12 months after their debut — by way of 2019.
The 2-day extravaganza kicks off within the U.S. at 11 p.m. EDT tonight (April 17) and Saturday (April 18) on the group’s official YouTube channel, BANGTANTV, for a complete of 24 hours of BTS content material.
Followers who wish to get a extra “reside” concert-like expertise could hyperlink their ARMY Bombs (lightsticks) to the Weverse app. By using the Bluetooth perform, the lightsticks will routinely change coloration to the precise songs, simply as they might throughout a reside BTS live performance.
The ARMY has been so overestimated about BANG BANG CON that different non-related organizations took discover. A New York tech convention with the Twitter deal with @bangbangcon obtained a lot consideration from ARMY that they cheekily amended their profile to incorporate the disclaimer, “Not affiliated with BTS,” in each English and Korean.
The members of BTS — RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook — have expressed how disillusioned they’re that they’ll’t carry out reside for his or her followers. The youngest member, Jungkook, took to social media to say that he missed the ARMY as a lot as they miss him.
5 stuff you gained’t wish to miss throughout BANG BANG CON:
1. BTS’ musters (fan conferences) are a mixture of reside performances and skits. The time period matches in effectively with the fandom’s title since muster refers to a proper gathering of troops. BTS 3RD Muster was held in Seoul on November 12 and 13, 2016. Their setlist consists of “Dope,” “Hearth” and “Boy In Luv” (to not be confused with 2019’s “Boy With Luv”). However a not-to-be-missed spotlight is the group skit, “Home of ARMY,” the place RM and J-Hope play a teenage daughter and her mom, respectively, who each love BTS.
2. Although it’s their music they’re well-known for, BTS’ ments – or statements/feedback to their followers — are a mix of playful teasing and profound gratitude. The ments at their South Korean live shows are particularly private as a result of the viewers consists of their mother and father. The group has damaged down in tears as they spoke of the hardships they went by way of and the way their households supported them.
3. BTS 4TH Muster [Happy Ever After] was held in Seoul on January 13 and 14, 2018. The performances embrace “DNA,” “Pied Piper” and “Better of Me.” However look ahead to the dance breaks in “No Extra Dream” and “MIC Drop.” The skits are at all times enjoyable for each the group and the followers. The cutest one began with Jin laying on the ground, unresponsive. Jimin performs his half as a involved bandmate, however can’t resist saying, “I’m such a nasty actor.” As a result of they’re all laughing at their appearing expertise, J-Hope says to V, “Present us Han-Sung!” It’s a nod to the character V performed within the 2016 Korean sequence, “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.” Revived by all the eye, Jin says he could be healed if the group blows a collective kiss to ARMY.
4. BTS 2014 Stay Trilogy: Episode II The Purple Bullet (2014 Recollections) was years earlier than BTS hit worldwide celebrity standing. Only a 12 months previous their 2013 debut, BTS’ rap line exhibits off their vary as songwriters with biting songs like “Cypher Pt. 3: Killer,” “We Are Bulletproof Pt.2” and “N.O.”
5. The 12 months 2017 was monumental for BTS. It was after they started their ascent into the worldwide stratosphere of pop superstars. The Wings Tour showcased the individuality of every member with memorable solos — “Reflection” (RM), “Awake” (Jin), “First Love” (Suga), “MAMA” (J-Hope), “Lie” (Jimin), “Stigma” (V), “Start” (Jungkook). One other spotlight is “Spring Day.” The rap-filled ballad touches on what it means to lengthy for somebody who’s not right here, but additionally reminds listeners that no darkness lasts without end. It’s an uplifting message for everybody who’s feeling lonely and remoted throughout these unsure instances.
The complete lineup for BANG BANG CON follows:
Friday, April 17:
2015 BTS Stay
2016 BTS Stay º BTS 2014 Stay Trilogy: Episode II The Purple Bullet (2014 Recollections)
BTS 3RD Muster [ARMY.ZIP+].
Saturday, April 18:
2017 BTS Stay Trilogy Episode III The Wings Tour in Seoul
2017 BTS Stay Trilogy EPISODE III The Wings Tour The Last (2017 Recollections)
BTS 4TH Muster [Happy Ever After]
BTS World Tour ‘Love Your self’ Seoul