Destiny is an amazing game whose popularity is so huge that every day millions of users play this game. Here it is a multiplayer shooter game that is based on first-person. Destiny 2 holds a special place in avid gamers’ playlists.
It was released back in 2017 for PC users. But recently many users have reported some issues with the popular game Destiny 2. As we know, nobody is perfect so is technology. Many users have reported crash issues in the game. There are two uses cases where crashes are usually observed. What happens actually is that – when users start the game, the screen turns black. It also happens that in the mid of the game, the system hangs and closes all the game settings.
And after trying to restarting it again multiple times, it gets fixed. Many users have also said that even after trying to restart it multiple times, it didn’t start or if sometimes it starts then it starts hanging again within the next 5 mins of gameplay. So what to do in that case? Don’t you worry readers, if that happens, as we are here to help you out with this post? Readout this one and get your answer crisp and clear. As here we will discuss all 100 % working methods that will help you to troubleshoot this Destiny 2 Crashing PC error.
Destiny 2 PC Crash to Desktop, Crash on Startup Issue
Many players have reported that it is very much predictable to observe this error just after 10 mins of playing the game. Initially, the game use to get freeze and then automatically crashes. It usually displays the message “Destiny 2 has stopped working.” It usually recommends you to scan and repair Destiny 2.
It is not fixed that when will you witness the issue. It can happen at any moment. Sometimes it happens in the beginning while sometimes at the end or in midway as well.
What are the Causes of Destiny 2 Crashing PC Problem Issue
Well, there is not a single cause for this error to occur. There could be multiple reasons for this Destiny 2 error. The primary reason could be missing DLL files and corrupted system files. Moreover, there could be a firewall that is the real culprit behind this Destiny 2 crashing error. Insufficient memory space, memory overclocking could lead this issue to an intense level.
Types of Destiny 2 Crashing PC Problem Issues
- PC 2019
- Destiny 2 crashes when loading
- Destiny 2 crash log
- Destiny 2 has stopped working steam
- Discord crashing destiny 2
- Season of the worthy
- Destiny 2 keeps freezing Xbox one
- Problem reading game content destiny 2
- Destiny 2 not launching steam
How To Fix Destiny 2 Crashing Issue (Quick Fixes)
#1 Raise the priority of your game
Destiny 2 may also crash if its priority is not set high enough. If priority is not set high then the game usually doesn’t get enough memory space from the memory to get it run properly. So if you face this issue then you should try to raise the priority of the game first so that the game can get enough memory space and can run smoothly.
- Start the game Destiny 2.
- Now go to the Task Manager and open it. You can do so by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard directly.
- Then go to the Details tab and click on it.
- After this, now you have to right-click on the game (Destiny2.exe) and set priority and then click on the above normal.
#2 Run the Game with Administrator Privileges
It may also happen that if you run the game without administrator permissions, then also you may face a destiny 2 crashing error. It does not matter much that whether you are using steam or abttle.net launcher. You should ensure that you can receive all the admin permissions whenever you try to run the game using the launcher.
- STEP 1. Initially make a Right-Click on the Battle.net launcher file
- STEP 2. Then go to the menu and pick the option stating Run as an administrator
- STEP 3. After this, you should run this program to run as an administrator. Then again right-click on the battle.net launcher.
- STEP 4. After this, you have to Go to Properties
- STEP 5. Then again Move to the Compatibility Tab
- STEP 6. Below check on Run this program as an Administrator checkbox
- STEP 7. Now Save the changes done.
- STEP 8. You can also perform the same steps for Battle.net and Steam
#3 Update your graphics card driver
Your Destiny 2 game may also crash due to a corrupted or out-of-date graphics card driver. So one thing you should be sure about is that you must have the latest drive er installed on your system so that all sorts of crashing issues can be avoided. Don’t know how to update all the graphics drivers, don’t worry, follow the steps given below ;
- Initially, you have to press Windows+X on your keyboard attached to the PC and then pick the Device Manager option from the menu.
- After this you have to go to the Display adapters section, for this, you have to right-click and then pick the Update driver option for each driver
- Now a pop-up window will appear. From this, you have to pick the Search automatically for drivers option. Now some instructions will appear. Follow ardently all the on-screen instructions to update the graphics drivers.
#4 Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Well, the main purpose of Fullscreen optimization is to improve the performance of the game usually when you run the game on a borderless fullscreen. Many users have reported this problem that this feature usually causes problems that lead to Destiny 2 crashing. If you want to cop up with this issue, then you can follow the steps given below :
- Initially go to the settings and Open the file location where you have installed the Destiny 2 files saved on your computer.
- After this, you have to make a Right-click on the .exe (executable) file of the game, and quickly go to the select Properties.
- Now quickly Click on the Compatibility tab and make a check on the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations. Lastly, Click on Apply and OK button to save your changes.
#5 Disable Third-Party Antivirus Software
It also happens that your third-party antivirus software may also cause the issue of Destiny 2 crashing. As third-party antivirus software may interfere with your favorite game. It may also stop the resources that you may need to successfully run the game to maintain the sessions properly. So at this time, the game usually crashes. So to resolve all the issues with the game due to antivirus software.
So to resolve all such issues, you have to ensure that you have whitelist Destiny 2 from your antivirus. So, this would help the antivirus not interfere with the game function.
#6 Close unnecessary programs
Destiny 2 crashing may also occur when you occupy your system a lot with lots of multiple programs running in the background. So the system also gets hanged and does not get enough memory space to run the game smoothly. So many programs can interfere with the functioning of the game.
This may also include utility programs provided by your hardware manufacturers that can temporarily overclock your components.
So you have to take care that all the unnecessary programs should be closed and then restart the game and check if it runs smoothly or not now.
Final Words :
This is all about Destiny 2 crashing Fixes. I hope this would help you out. Try out these fixes and do let me know which method worked for you.
Stay tuned for more updates !!
Happy gaming 🙂