Having a Playstation VR is a great feeling but what if your VR headset is not working properly? If you are facing PlayStation VR Common problems again and again but not finding a solution, go through the article below. Virtual Reality lands us in a completely different world. Feeling the things while playing is astonishing. Playing games on a console is great in itself but putting a VR headset while playing is more than amazing. Let’s discuss various PlayStation VR Common problems and their solutions.
Before jumping onto the actual topic of discussion, I would like to discuss some important things with you like light indicators and
Color indicators in Playstation VR
White – Flashing: VR Processor Unit is powering up.
White – Solid: VR Processor Unit is powered up and operational.
Red – Two Flashes: VR Processor Unit is entering rest mode.
Red – Solid: This occurs when the Processor Unit is in rest mode.
Red – Flashing Continuously: A flashing red light on the Processor Unit on the PS VR indicates overheating.
PlayStation VR Common Problems and Solutions
Problem: PlayStation VR headset isn’t tracking movement properly, and displaying the message“outside of area”. Also, the In-game avatar is moving without your direct input.
- First of all, make sure that no other lighting item interferes with Sony’s VR headset. Cover up windows and mirrors as reflection by these can also interfere with the VR.
- If there is no reflection or light issue, Make sure that you are sitting in the proper area, so that headset can clearly see your picture. Make sure to place yourself approximately 6 feet away from the camera.
- The third is to make sure the lenses are not dirty, so wipe off lenses with a clean cloth.
- The fourth and last step that you can take on your own is to, turn off any nearby Bluetooth devices. The range may interfere with other VR headsets.
Blurry image issue
Problem: Blurry picture is a common PSVR problem.
Solution: This problem can be done by changing the settings a little bit.
- Go to a quick menu on PS4 and press Adjust PlayStation VR and Adjust headset position. The “scope adjustment button” located at the bottom of your headset and the “headband release button” located on the back can both be used to give you an accurate, comfortable fit. This adjustment might solve the issue with blurry images.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, then adjust the eye-to-eye distance.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Devices
- Tap PlayStation VR and lick on eye-to-eye distance
- Follow instructions and proceed.
- The PS Camera will measure your face, keep a distance of about 70 centimeters.
Drifting Image Issue
Problem: Picture drifting to one side of the display
Solution: This is a very common issue and can be simply by adjusting the camera or quickly re-calibrating your headset.
- The first way is to simply press and hold the “options” button on the controller. This will reposition the screen and should fix the issue.
- The second way is, For PSVR games, drifting is mainly caused due to the Playstation camera rather than the headset. make sure the distance between you and your camera is five to six feet.
Motion Sickness Issue
Problem: This is very common when you are taking a roller coaster ride or sitting in a high-speed vehicle in the game.
Solution: Here there is no such solution like changing setting can drift away motion sickness. but you have to keep following things in mind.
- Do not play in Standing position.
- Close your eyes if you feel nauseous.
- Try natural remedies. Chew peppermint or ginger to soothe out upset stomach.
Well, friends, this is all about PlayStation VR Common problems. Problems can occur anywhere and you just have to deal with it positively. I hope now you can easily tackle these problems. No single solution can get rid of the problem. Try out different methods.
I hope you would like the article. Share your feedback. Thank you!