Facing YouTube Error 400? But don’t know how to fix the YouTube error 400 is really frustrating. Undoubtedly, YouTube is the biggest video streaming platform on the planet. About a billion hours of videos are watching every day. But you can face various kinds of problems while watching videos on the Internet such as YouTube error 400, YouTube error 401, YouTube error 404, YouTube error 500, YouTube error 503, etc. Today we will try to fix Youtube error 400.
YouTube Error 400
It means a bad request. It means the problem is not with YouTube but with the HTTP protocol. Check if you might enter an incorrect website name, corrupted page, or reload the web page. This error can appear on any website. Here are some common messages you might face:
How does 400 Bad Request Error look like?
This error 400 can appear on any website. Usually, it appears differently on different websites. Here are some of the most common error messages reported by users while facing this error 400:
- 400 Bad Request
- Bad Request – Invalid URL
- Bad Request: Error 400
- HTTP Error 400 – Bad Request
- HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.
How To Fix YouTube Error 400?
Remember all these are tried and tested methods to fix error 400. No matter, whether you are accessing YouTube on your Computer, Smartphone, or Smart TV. These methods will work with all the devices. So let’s check out all these methods.
1. Restart your PC and Google Chrome
Yes, this is the simplest and working solution to most of the problems. Even a customer service provider gives you this advice. To restart Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- In the address bar of Google Chrome type chrome://restart.
- Then press Enter. That’s it.
2. Clear out Chrome’s cache if YouTube doesn’t work
If it stills not work and not able to load the YouTube web page then clear out the old cache on your Chrome browser. In most cases, the problem gets solved just by deleting cache and cookies. Here’s how to do it —
- On the top right side, tap on three dots and go to Settings.
- Under the Settings, Go to the Privacy and Security and click on Clear browsing data.
- Now you will be asked to select the time range: Choose All time.
- Tick on Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data.
3. Clear out YouTube Cookies
This method works most of the time. Deleting all the cookies is not preferable as you will lose all the saved data. The problem occurs with YouTube, So why not delete YouTube cookies only. To do this, follow these steps:
Steps for deleting cookies for Youtube
- First, open Chrome and go to the Three dot menu.
- Click Settings.
- Then go to the content settings where you will find the option of ‘Privacy and Security
- Now tap on Cookies in the content settings.
- In the search bar, type YouTube to search for YouTube cookies.
- Click on Delete All to delete all Youtube cookies.
- Just restart your system.
- Finally, remove the attachment.
4. Maybe due to fishy Chrome extensions installed
It is advisable to check whether an evil extension of chrome is not installed on your device. To check this, follow these steps:
- Again, Go to the three-dot menu.
- Click on More Tools, then click on Extensions.
5. Uninstall YouTube App Updates
Uninstall YouTube App updates to restore its factory version. Then all your YouTube videos will play normally. To do this: Go to Settings > Apps > All Applications, select ‘YouTube,’ and tap on ‘Uninstall Updates.’
If you want, you can update the app again from Google Play Store.
6. Due to the errors in the URL
Even a small spelling mistake can lead to errors. So always type the URL carefully. Or the link that was clicked by you has a malformed URL.
How to Fix Error 400 on Smartphones?
To resolve Error 400 on your smartphone, try these techniques:
- First, check out your Internet Connection.
- Restart your smartphone or you can Reboot your device.
How to Fix YouTube 400 on SmartTV?
Try out the following solutions to get your YouTube work on your smart TV:
- Your device must have the latest software otherwise update it.
- Disconnect the power supply for 5 minutes and then connect again
- Go to Settings and select the Apps> YouTube. Then go to the clear data option then click Ok. This will resolve all the problems.
These are few ways to fix YouTube 400 Error. All the methods aforementioned will definitely solve your problem. Try out these suggestions. Do let us know which method works for you in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share it.
Thanks for reading!