Connect with us

TV

Fox News Media Names Joe Dorrego CFO, COO (EXCLUSIVE)

Published

on

Amy Listerman, chief financial officer at Fox News Media, will step down from her role, and will be replaced by Joe Dorrego, a Fox Corp. executive who will become both chief financial officer and chief operating officer at the company, which is the critical financial engine of its parent company.

Listerman will step down effective April 1.

“I would like to express my gratitude to Amy for her invaluable contributions over the last three years and for her partnership with our entire team. We understand her desire to move on to new opportunities and we will miss her complete and tireless dedication to all facets of our business,” said Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott in a memo to staff Friday.

Dorrego has been with Fox Corp.  for more than 15 years, most recently as its chief investor relations officer and executive vice president of corporate initiatives. “He will be a tremendous asset as we continue to drive growth across all Fox News Media platforms,” Scott said. Dorrego will continue in his investor relations role at the parent corporation.

Dorrego previously served as the CFO for Fox Television Stations under its CEO Jack Abernethy, a position he held for four years beginning in 2015. He spent 11 years serving in a variety of executive roles at 21st Century Fox, including vice president of investor relations and vice president of finance where he oversaw the company’s financial planning and analysis functions. He joined then News Corp in 2004 as director of SEC reporting and accounting coverage from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC the place he started his profession within the enterprise advisory group serving purchasers within the telecommunications {and professional} sports activities industries.

Extra to return…

Bob Geldof

Sir Bob Geldof sent 1,000 dead rats to DJs in the US in bizarre prank

Published

on

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

In a way to try and make a mark on the US, Sir Bob Geldof has spoken about the time he sent 1,000 dead rats to DJs across the US with his band, The Boomtown Rats.

The Irish rocker was hoping to make it Stateside and concocted the bizarre prank, recalling how it didn’t really go down all that well.

You don’t say.

The kinda gross publicity stunt by the Boomtown Rats saw 1,000 rodents posted to radio hosts and, in his words, was ‘basically the end’ of the band’s chances of finding success in the States.

The musician and activist told BBC’s The One Show on Wednesday night that the band sent rats soaked in formaldehyde and wrapped in plastic in a bid to…we don’t know what. Impress? Disgust?

He told the programme: ‘It was 1,000 dead actual rats which were ordered from the sanitation department of New York City and sent out from Chicago to 1,000 disc jockeys who were busy playing disco in the middle of the Seventies.

Sir Bob, here in 1985, wanted the Boomtown Rats to make a mark on the US (Picture: Getty Images)

‘So that was basically the end of the Boomtown Rats in America.’

The 68-year-old icon continued: ‘On Monday morning there was this dump on the desk of a 1,000 DJs and it was a rat in formaldehyde, wrapped in plastic’

Really puts a new spin on ‘I don’t like Mondays’…

Sir Bob stopped by the show via video call to discuss his new documentary Citizens of Boomtown: The Story of the Boomtown, but it was his wild hair and beard that became topic of conversation on Twitter.

Sir Bob gave fans a giggle with his appearance

Fans were seen joking that Bob looked like he’d been left in lockdown ‘for years’, with one viewer tweeting: ‘Has Bob Geldof been on Lockdown since 2001?? #TheOneShow.’

Hey, we’re all in the same boat right now.

Still, hosts Alex Jones and Angelica Bell even commented on Sir Bob’s shaggier look.

Linking in his interview from a segment on Chris Packham’s Spring Watch, Alex teased: ‘From a man looking for wildlife, to a man looking more and more wild – honestly – as lockdown goes on, it’s Sir Bob Geldof.’

Angelica then chimed in: ‘Looking at you, we’re assuming you’ve grown your hair and grown your beard…’

More: Bob Geldof

Sir Bob joked: ‘Just in preparation for you guys, another spectacle for the nation, growing wild like you do. This is my contribution to the country at a standstill… a beard.’

The One Show returns 7pm on BBC One.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Bob Geldof’s grief over death of daughter Peaches is ‘impossible to define’

Continue Reading

News

Drag Race icon Alyssa Edwards doesn’t know who will win season 12

Published

on

Alyssa Edwards isn’t picking sides for Drag Race season 12 (Picture: REX)

RuPaul’s Drag Race icon Alyssa Edwards says that she isn’t picking sides in the upcoming season 12 finale.

The most recent series of the reality hit is coming to an end this week, where Gigi Goode, Heidi N Closet and Jaida Essence Hall will be fighting it out to be crowned America’s next Drag Superstar.

While many fans have lauded the season for including the strongest line-up in years, Alyssa isn’t going to be picking favourites.

‘I will say this,’ she tells Metro.co.uk in her signature Southern drawl. ‘I have really enjoyed this season so much on so many different levels.

‘This is such a well-rounded, versatile class. They’re good at a little of everything. Heidi stole my heart, just so hilarious. I think Jaida and Gigi…I look at this top three and I’m like…wow.’

Alyssa adds: ‘So uniquely different from one another, this is going to be hard. They all go their thing that they’re really good at. That’s what makes it fun.’

Alyssa can’t cook, sorry (Picture: Getty)
Jade is serving it up on MTV this year (Picture: Getty)

The Alyssa’s Secret (nope, we still don’t know what it is) star is also gearing up for a slot on the new show Served!, hosted by Little Mix’s Jade Thirlwall, but by the sounds of it…Alyssa didn’t cope very well with the cooking segments of the show, as Jade told us previously that a lot of the drag queens appearing couldn’t actually cook.

‘She was probably talking about me,’ Alyssa admits. ‘I don’t know if I followed any recipes.

‘I’ve been a huge fan for quite some time, we’d messaged before. It was very special, I was very nervous. I didn’t want to burn the house down.

More: RuPaul’s Drag Race

‘I definitely didn’t want to burn my wig, set myself on fire. It’s a treat to say the least. ‘

There was, at least, one silver lining.

The queen revealed: ‘I do think I was good at the cocktail part I have to give myself a little bit of a pat on the back, ok girl, you did that one.’

We believe you, hun.

Served! with Jade Thirlwall is available to stream now via MTV.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Peter Andre is keen to ‘start trying’ for fifth child because he ‘doesn’t want to be changing nappies’ at 50

MORE: Rihanna’s demo of Selena Gomez’s smash hit Same Old Love has resurfaced online and it’s a bop

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Peter Andre fears wife Emily will catch coronavirus on frontline

Published

on

Peter Andre fears for wife Emily as she battles coronavirus on the frontline (Picture: REX)

Peter Andre has confessed his fears for his wife Emily, who is currently battling the coronavirus outbreak on the frontline.

While enduring lockdown, there has been a high demand for the duo to bring back their reality show Peter Andre: My Life, which came to ahead in 2013.

But the loved up couple granted their fan’s wishes with a brand new, virtual take on the programme, titled Life with the Andres.

Over on The Sun’s YouTube account, the Mysterious Girl hitmaker introduced the project where he explained how his family have been filming their antics during the current pandemic.

And things started to get deep during the 15-minute episode, as they spoke about Emily’s involvement in the fight against Covid-19 as a hospital junior nurse.

Visit our live blog for the latest updates: Coronavirus news live

‘Emily will leave at seven in the morning and she wont be back until seven at night, and she has to disinfect altogether,’ the father-of-four explained.

The pair are currently in lockdown with their brood (Picture: Peter Andre/Instagram)

Talking about her job, the proud wife added: ‘I come in the back door where the laundry is and I have to strip all my clothes off and put them all in the washing machine.

‘I run from the room out and straight into the shower without hugging the kids. They laugh at me running like 99% naked to the shower.’

Both Emily and Peter are in quarantine with their two children, Amelia, six and Theo, three, as well as Pete’s children who he shares with his ex-wife Katie Price: Princess, 12, and 14-year-old Junior.

‘I worry,’ the singer admitted. ‘She’s my wife, she’s exposed to the virus.’

Peter has launched a new reality show (Picture: ITV)

‘I think Pete worries about me more than I worry about me, I worry about him more,’ Emily pressed.

‘I work in a great hospital we’re really supported my seniors are always there.’

However, the pair tried to look at the bright side of the tragic times we’re living in, as the I’m A Celeb star said (from his hot tub might we add): ‘We’re just sad for the people that are suffering during this crisis.

‘But for those who aren’t, I keep telling people that this is time that we’ll never get back and all the kids will remember – they will remember the summer of 2020, they’ll remember it forever.’

As it stands, more than 37,000 people have died from Covid-19 while there are over 267,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK alone.

Life with the Andres airs Wednesdays and Sundays at 7.30pm.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Newsnight’s Katie Razzall insists Emily Maitlis was not asked by BBC to take night off after Dominic Cummings comments

MORE: Piers Morgan and Stacey Dooley lead support for Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis after Dominic Cummings comments

Continue Reading

Trending