- Google has fixed the Android crash issue that annoyed many users.
- The Android WebView app was found to be the cause and it’s been updated.
- Users would also get the update of the Google Chrome browser app.
Some of the apps that were crashing included Gmail, Google, Chrome, Hangouts, Call of Duty Mobile, among others. Considering these apps are important, Many people turned to Twitter and Reddit to report trouble with Android apps crashing, including Samsung and Pixel phone owners.
Google said in the final update on its Gmail status dashboard:
“We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support,”. “Please rest assured that system reliability is a top priority at Google, and we are making continuous improvements to make our systems better.”
Google has now rolled out a permanent fix to the crashing issue, which handles the previous complaints by updating Chrome and Android System WebView to version 89.0.4389.105.
How to fix and update:
You need to make sure you are using the latest software version provided by your phone brand. Normally, most phones will have Android 10 while some newer ones will have Android 11. Having up-to-date software means you have all the necessary frameworks for any patch or fix to be implemented on your phone.
To fix the issue, the tech giant said people should head to Google Play to update Android System WebView and Google Chrome.
- Open Android System WebView on your device
- Select Update.
- If it doesn’t say “Update”, then you can move on and skip this step.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with Google Chrome.
More persistent issues:
- Open Settings.
- Click Apps & notifications.
- Select Google Play Store.
- After That, click on Storage & Cache.
- Select Clear Data.
Google has announced that this could solve the bulk of issues and requires you to follow the update steps, which clears Play Store settings, including auto-update preferences and parental control settings.
Hopefully, Google’s fix goes some way to clearing up any issues you may be encountering on these services, plus getting your apps back up and functioning to full capacity on the best Android phones.
Thanks for Reading!!