Google Classroom, Google Meet Gets Updated With Over 50 Features for Students and Educators
- It will enable a more effective learning and teaching experience for students and teachers
- Google claims that more than 170 million students and educators worldwide already rely on its education suite.
- G Suite for Education now rebranded as Google Workspace for Education
Presently, Google is going to introduce more than 50 new features for teachers and Educators. All these are education-focused products, including Google Classroom, Google Meet, and the next generation of G Suite for Education.
Google claimed that more than 170 million students and educators worldwide rely on its suite of tools. It also claimed that their products have attracted more than five lakh teachers and educators in Indian states like Maharashtra and Delhi attending webinars for pedagogy and skills development.
Bani Dhawan, Head of Education – South Asia, said in her statement
“This past year, the education community has inspired us with their creativity and resilience. This ability to learn, and teach, from anywhere is more important now than ever, and won’t end when the pandemic does,”
1)To make digital learning easy, Google is going to add Official Mode` for the android version of Google Classroom. t will allow students to start their work offline, review their assignments, access attachments in Google Drive, and write assignments in Google Docs
2) Google has improved the Grading System for the Android app. It will be helpful for teachers to easily switch between student submissions and grade work while viewing an assignment and sharing feedback.
3) To detect plagiarism, Google Classroom will also receive originality reports in 15 languages, including Hindi, English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish. The classroom will also get Student Information System (SIS) roster syncing and the ability to log student audit reports, including their removals.
4) Google Meet is getting a new update- Multiple hosts. It will allow more than one teacher to take a single virtual class. It is also getting the ability to let teachers prevent students from staying on a call after they’ve left it, with an ‘End meeting for all’ option. Educators will also get the option to mute all participants at once.
5) Google is also adding a new Storage model for the Institutions. It is aimed to ensure “fair distribution” of storage that will be limited to a baseline of 100TB. The new policy will come into effect from July 2022
The Company said in the blog post:
“We will contact impacted institutions directly in the coming weeks to discuss a range of options for getting the storage they need,”