- WhatsApp users will be able to transfer chats if they switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, or vice-versa.
- At present, there is no official way to transfer the chat history between new devices.
- Telegram already supports multi-platform and device chat migration.
Currently, when you switch from iOS to Android or vice-versa, WhatsApp transfers your account information – profile picture, name, individual chats, group chats, and settings – but it doesn’t migrate your chat history.
Transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is hard, especially if one does not have the right tool for it, and there are plenty that offers their product but does not get the job done in a single operation. While other apps help and give people an easier time to manage their data transferring schemes, some require special networks, accessories, and even computers to complete the transfer, which is an additional hassle for the user.
Google Data Restore Tool lets users restore data using a cable or a cloud backup. On your iPhone, open WhatsApp, then go to Settings > Chats > Move Chats to Android” among others. The Data Restore Tool has over 1 million installs, with 1.0.382048734 being the latest version. Based on the date from 550 reviews, this public listing occurred sometime last week.
Restore WhatsApp Backup of Android to iOS Device using Google Data Restore Tool
- Firstly, connect your new iOS device to which you wish to transfer your WhatsApp chats. Now, click on “Restore to device” to start the restoring process. In the backup list, select the recent WhatsApp backup file, select it and click “Next”.
- In the new window, click “Restore” and the tool will start to restore all your backup data.
- Now, just wait until the whole process is done. After the progress gets to 100%, the WhatsApp data is successfully transferred to your iOS device.
Restore through Email ID
You can restore your WhatsApp chats from Android into your iPhone through email. This involves emailing your WhatsApp chats as an attachment and downloading them on your iPhone.
- Restore the WhatsApp chats on your Android device.
- Now, open the WhatsApp chat you wish to send and tap on the contact at the top.
- Choose the Export Chat option and select if you want to attach the file to the email.
- Provide the email address and click Send.
Thanks for Reading!!