- Google launches Android 12 beta 4 with new exciting features.
- Android 12 introduces AppSearch, a high-performance on-device search engine, as a system service.
- Android 12 also adds a new notification style for phone calls.
Google has released Android 12 Beta 4, another step on the road to a stable version of Google’s next smartphone OS. Notably, Beta 4 contains the final Android 12 APIs and 31 SDK, finally allowing developers to test their apps for the upcoming operating system. Google states that there should be at least one more beta update before a stable version arrives, presumably the release candidate build.
Beta 4 addresses over two dozen bugs that were present in Beta 3. For example, double-tapping a device’s screen should now wake it, while Android 12 should no longer open the wrong open from the dock or home screen area.
“In Android 12, you can now enrich your app’s notification experience by providing animated images in notifications. Also, your app can now enable users to send image messages when they reply to messages from the notification shade,” said Google.
How to download the Android 12 beta 4?
Android 12 Beta 4 is available to download now on all compatible Pixel devices, starting with the Pixel 3. The new beta will be available to devices enrolled on the Android 12 Beta program too, such as those by ASUS, OnePlus, and Realme.
- First, Go to the Android Program Beta website.
- After that log into your Google account.
- Once logged in, click Devices to scroll down to Eligible devices associated with your Gmail.
- Choose Opt-In under the phone you want to register for the beta.
- Click Select and enroll.
- After that, go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Updates.
- Once the download is ready, start the installation.
- Once the software is updated, your phone will restart automatically.
- Then, you can access the Android 12 beta version.
Improved cropping tool when resizing images
To help you better crop and fine-tune selections when using the markup tool, Android 12 Beta 4 has much more prominent and color-appropriate guidelines for greater accuracy. The corner tabs from the previous cropping tool are being ditched in favor of centrally placed circular grip tabs that should be easier to spot and grasp.
Thanks for Reading!!