Google has been experimenting continuously in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, the company is adding a new feature of ‘COVID LAYER’ in Google Map.
This new feature of Google Maps has been named as the ‘COVID layer’. According to Google, this feature will show users important information such as the number of cases of Covid-19 in an area. This will help the users to decide whether they should go to that area or not.
COVID layer Feature: Release date
Google has not yet given a fixed date for the release of this feature. The company has given information about this feature by tweeting. It is believed that a new update of Google Maps can be available for Android and iOS users this week.
How will the COVID layer feature work?
Google has said in its blog post that users can open Google Maps and see data in it. For this, they have to tap the layer button on the top right-hand corner of the screen. After this, they have to click on ‘Covid-19 Info’.
The tool is meant to provide “critical information about COVID-19 cases in an area so you can make more informed decisions about where to go and what to do,”
Tapping the new “COVID-19” option in a layer feature in a top corner of a screen will enhance maps using the latest 7-day average of cases per 100,000 people in areas being viewed.
Google will collect data from Covid-19 cases for a certain area from different sources. It will include Johns Hopkins, New York Times, and Wikipedia. These sources get data from public health organizations such as the World Health Organization, Government Health Ministries, and State and Local Health Agencies and Hospitals.
- Elon Musk to Offer $100-Million Prize for ‘Best’ Carbon Capture Technology
- Epic Games announces $20 million prize pool for 2021 Fortnite tournaments
- Massive Crackdown! PUBG Mobile has banned over 1.2 Million Accounts
- PUBG Mobile India, Playable with these simple tricks
- Trump pardons ex-Google engineer Anthony Levandowski
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC With a Clock Speed of 3.2GHz Launched
- Chrome 88 is coming with the new Password Protection Feature- Check here all the details