- Caller ID Feature Finally Arrives On The Google Phone App.
- The Phone app can now automatically filter out spam calls.
- Users will need to turn this feature on.
If you use the Google Phone app then, there is some good news. Google is finally rolling out the caller ID feature for the Google Phone app.
Google released the Phone app for all Android users last year. However, it was missing some important features, the caller ID feature was among them. Now, the Google Phone app is receiving the much-needed Caller ID feature.
How to enable the Caller ID feature on the Google Phone application?
Once enabled, the feature will announce the caller’s name or phone number for incoming calls. This will help users to decide, whether they wish to answer an incoming call or not without looking at their phone.
- First, open the Google Phone application on the smartphone.
- After that, go to the settings menu.
- Under the settings menu, you will find the Caller ID announcement menu.
- When you tap on it, you will find the option to turn it on.
- Once you turn it on- the caller’s name and number will be read out loud for incoming calls.
Google also launched”caller ID and spam protection” on its app, with which the app itself would be able to filter out calls that it detects to be spam, eliminating all notifications and alerts for those calls as well.
To use “caller ID and spam protection”, the user’s phone may need to send information about their calls to Google. Caller ID and spam protection are on by default, but users can choose to turn it off. The option to turn it off is available in the settings area of the Phone app.
You will be given three options to choose from- you can either turn the feature on always or only when using a headset. There is also an option to keep the feature off forever. This feature would help you get rid of unwanted and spam calls.
The app lets you mirror your phone’s notifications on your computer, while some devices can also place calls and respond to messages from their laptop or desktop computer.
Thanks for Reading!!