- Google is releasing the Chrome 91 version with much-improved features.
- These features will help you to avoid security lapses.
- The Chrome 91 update is now available for Android, macOS, Windows, Chrome OS.
Chrome 91 is here with a handful of features including updated form controls and desktop sites on tablets. The most interesting feature is, it lets users create links to specific text on a web page. It also adds support for the AV1 codec for better-quality videoconferencing and defaults encrypted site connections.
The new version of Chrome offers an easy check-in of your settings if there are any weak or compromised passwords. If there are, you just have to click a button to go to the relevant site and provide a more secure login.
Chrome 91 Version: Advanced Copy & Paste function
Chrome obviously has copy and paste functionality, but Chrome 91 takes it to another level. You can now copy a file from anywhere on your computer and then paste it into an email.
Previously, if you wanted to attach a file to an email, you’d have to drag it from the file explorer and drop it in the email tab. You can now simply Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V to paste it.
This release brings numerous new APIs, trials, and changes to Google Chrome. We have listed the main developer changes:
- GravitySensor API
- CSS custom counter styles
- JSON Modules
- WebOTP API: cross-origin iframe support
- WebSockets over HTTP/2
How to update Chrome to the Chrome 91 Version?
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer’s browser. But if you haven’t closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If this button is not visible, that means you are on the latest version of the browser.
- Click Relaunch to update Google Chrome.
- An alternative way to do this is to click the three dots icon and click About Google Chrome.
- Now Google Chrome will begin to update itself automatically. Once the update has been downloaded, click Relaunch.