Trusted Contacts app was launched in 2016 and the app enabled users to stake their location and activity status.
- Trusted contacts app will no longer be available to download.
- From December 1 Google will stop support for the location-sharing app.
- The app was used to share activity and allocation status with the selected contacts.
Tech Giant Google finally pulled down the Trusted Contacts App from Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. The dismissed app was launched in 2016 and was really favorable for those who wanted to keep a track of their loved one’s smartphone’s activity and location status with selected contacts. Google will stop support for Trusted Contacts from December 1, 2020.
In order to pulling down the app from both Play Store and App Store Google said, “Over three years ago, we launched the Trusted Contacts app as a way to help people stay up-to-date with their loved ones’ whereabouts. Since then, we’ve built this functionality directly into Google Maps with Location Sharing – making it even easier to share your live location with trusted friends and family”.
As a result, the Trusted Contacts app will be removed from the App Store and Play Store today and will stop being supported after December 1, 2020. If the app is installed on your device, you can continue to use it until then. If you have created trusted contacts, you can download them from the trusted contacts page until December 1, 2020. After that date, the Trusted Contact app will no longer work and your trusted contacts will be unable to see the live location you are sharing with them from the app.”
At first, Trusted Contacts was launched for Android devices and later the app was available for iPhone users. The app was really helpful for sharing the exact location of your loved ones with the people added to the contacts at the time of any emergency. The chief cause behind pulling down the Trusted Contacts app is its lower user base and popularity as well. If you are a Trusted Contacts App user then you have to figure out an alternative for this before Google will end support for it.
No Worries, Google has launched a new Location sharing feature for Google maps so be familiar with it.
- Google to add these two features to Maps and Search for business owners
- Hackers targeted COVID vaccine supply ‘cold chain’
- Tips for getting more Instagram followers
- Government warns Wikipedia on showing Wrong Map of J & K
- Qualcomm launched Snapdragon 888 for Android
- Paytm’s stake sale under consideration : Details Inside
- Learn More About Casey Hooper
- Facebook To Launch News Service In UK In January With Several Outlets Onboard