The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has directed Wikipedia to remove the link of a website showing the wrong map of Jammu & Kashmir.
The government has directed Wikipedia to remove a link from their platform that has shown a wrong map of Jammu and Kashmir, sources said.
The order was issued by Ministry of Electronics and IT under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000, they said. This matter was flagged by a Twitter user through a tweet calling upon the government to take strict action.
The Twitter user Chhatrasal Singh had highlighted that given link carrying information on India-Bhutan relationship had an incorrect map of the J&K Union territory. As per PTI sources, the Ministry had issued the order directing Wikipedia to remove the link on November 27, 2020, as it violated the territorial integrity and sovereignty of India. The sources also added that Centre has issued a stern warning to Wikipedia for a possible legal action which includes blocking access to the entire platform.
Sources said if Wikipedia does not follow the directions, the Government can take serious legal action against it including blocking access to the entire platforms as per Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- PUBG Mobile India, Playable with these simple tricks
- Trump pardons ex-Google engineer Anthony Levandowski
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC With a Clock Speed of 3.2GHz Launched
- Chrome 88 is coming with the new Password Protection Feature- Check here all the details
- 5 Tremendous Benefits of Automated Schedule Creation for Your Business
- 3D Slots Guide – How to play 3D Slots
- What We Can Bet On In Technology In 2021