In order to supply convenience to the citizens, the govt of India keeps on launching new mobile applications. Now, the govt has launched an application called ‘Mera Ration’ which can help the users to urge friendly with the new ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system. The new ration app will prove useful to those cardholders who move to new places for livelihoods.
With the introduction of the One Nation One card system, the govt covers 69 crore National Food Security Act (NFSA) beneficiaries in India. The NFSA beneficiaries are employed by the govt to supply 81 crores, people with ‘highly subsidized foodgrains’ through the general public distribution system (PDS).
Mera Ration app will help the govt to manage the citizens better by using the technology. Currently, the app is only available for Android users but very soon it will be available for iOS users as well.
Why does one need the Mera Ration app?
Mera Ration app has been introduced to provide benefits to ration cardholders around the country. Now, the users can check the closest fair price shop by using this application. The users can also check details of their entitlement and therefore the recent transactions made. Currently, The app interface is out there in Hindi and English languages but soon the govt plans to feature 14 other Indian languages.
At the launch of the new app, Sudhanshu Pandey, Secretary, Department of Food & Public Distribution said, “The new mobile app aims to facilitate the ONORC-related services among beneficiaries”.
How to use the application?
Using the Mera Ration app is pretty easy. Follow the below steps to start out using the app.
- First, Download the Mera Ration app from the Google Play Store.
- Click on the ‘Registration’ button on the house screen.
- Enter your card number and click on ‘Submit.
- You can now continue using the features of the app.
- Click on ‘Know your entitlement’ to see your benefits.
- Click on ‘Nearby Ration Shops’ to display all the nearby fair price shops and obtain directions on Google Maps.
- To change your current location, click on Registration and scroll right down to ‘Migration details’.
Thanks for reading!!