Yesterday, Apple introduced that it’s now promoting particular person wheel kits for its Mac Professional — and like the pc it’s used for, these are some pricy rims.
If you’re like me, you’re in all probability pondering that these wheels are usually not solely costly, however are usually not definitely worth the cash (they don’t even have locks to stop your fancy computer from rolling away), so I made a decision to search for a bunch of merchandise that even have 4 wheels and are considerably cheaper than $699 wheels for an Apple laptop.
- 4 wheels and tires on Tire Rack: It’s in all probability not the perfect thought to be driving proper now, however in case you are out there for brand new tires and wheels, you need to know that they generally price lower than shopping for an optionally available accent for a Mac Professional. I went on Tire Rack and did a random search and located a wheels and tires bundle for a really typical commuter automobile for round $550. I imply I personally don’t personal a Toyota Corolla, however for those who do and wish new wheels and tires, it is a fairly whole lot.
- 4-wheeled, self-propelled garden mower: Possibly you don’t want new tires, however wish to sort out the lengthy grass in your yard. You should buy a four-wheeled, self-propelled garden mower that normally retails for $399, but it surely’s on sale for $349, which suggests you may get two of those for the price of the Mac Professional wheels.
- Vinyl basket truck: If you’re transferring anytime quickly and are brief on manpower, this vinyl basket truck retails for $230, so that you is usually a robust, unbiased mover who doesn’t want additional arms to maneuver your belongings into a brand new dwelling.
- Jeep Energy Wheels: Maybe you don’t want any of the earlier issues I simply talked about. When you’ve got a toddler maybe you wish to purchase them a brand new toy, like this youngsters battery-powered, two-seater Jeep, which prices $309.99, lower than half the worth of the Mac Professional wheels.
- Pedal go-kart: Seeking to spoil your child however don’t have area for a battery-powered car? Not an issue, right here’s a pedal-powered go-kart that retails for $109.99. Both manner, you may put a smile in your child’s face.
Lastly, for those who don’t care about wheels however do need one thing with an Apple brand on it, it’s also possible to purchase two iPad Professional Magic Keyboards (11-inch or 12.9-inch) for lower than the wheels equipment, although the 12.9-inch mannequin is pushing it shut. If you’re seeking to improve a telephone, the just lately introduced iPhone SE begins at $399 and releases later this month. You’ll have a whole, brand-new iPhone and $300 in your pocket, as an alternative.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media might earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics coverage.