- Apple announces collaboration with two of the most popular music streaming platforms.
- Users will be able to stream content on HomePod mini from Gaana and JioSaavn.
- Gaana currently offers over 45 million songs across 25 languages.
Apple announced on Wednesday that the US tech giant has integrated Indian services Gaana and JioSaavn to stream music into its smart HomePod speaker. Powered by Siri, the HomePod mini can now receive voice commands to transfer content from these music services.
In India, Apple Music subscriptions start at Rs 49 per month for the Student plan (that also bundles Apple TV+), Rs 99 per month for the Individual Apple Music plan, and Rs 149 per month for the Apple Music Family plan. The HomePod Mini is priced at Rs 9,900 in India and you may or may not need additional subscriptions for JioSaavn and Gaana, depending on which tier you already are subscribed to at this time.
Sandeep Lodha, CEO – Gaana said:
“Music streaming is revolutionizing how we spend our leisure, by opening up new avenues for indoor entertainment. At Gaana, we believe in being the constant companion of our users no matter where they go, or on which device they may be on. With Gaana now available on HomePod mini, our users will have a more cohesive experience as they’ll now have seamless access to their personalized playlists and favorite songs no matter where they are in their homes.”
How to set up Gaana and JioSaavn on the HomePod?
- Open the streaming application and go to the app settings. A subscription might be required for some streaming services.
- Tap the option to Connect with HomePod.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up music streaming services on the HomePod.
How to choose a default music streaming service on the HomePod?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap Home, go to Home Settings, and choose the home that you want to edit.
- Tap your name under People.
- Then click on Default Service under Media. Select the streaming service that you want to set as default.
- To stream audio from other supported streaming services, just name the service when you ask Siri.
- If Siri does not play your default streaming service after set-up, you might need to sign in as the Primary User. Open the Home app and press and hold the HomePod tile. Then scroll down, tap Primary User, and sign in with your Apple ID.
Thanks for Reading!!