iOS 14 came with a major update and thus you can connect PS4 or Xbox game controller to your iPhone or iPad. Now the games are not restricted to gaming consoles only. Apple Arcade draws 100 games that you can play on your iPhone ($699), iPad ($270), and Apple TV ($179). This is something huge but tapping on a glass screen is not always satisfying. So, scroll down the article below to know how can you connect a PS4 or Xbox game controller to your iPhone or iPad.
Setting up things is not so difficult. Just a free setting changes and you will be done. BelowI have shared the procedure to connect PS4 and Xbox controller to Apple devices.
How to connect a PS4 or Xbox game controller to your iPhone or iPad
Steps to Connect the PS4 controller
The handy PS4 controller gives a completely different experience to play games. Follow the steps below to connect it to the iPhone or iPad.
- Take your PS4 controller.
- Now Press and hold the PS Button and the Share button together for a few seconds.
- When the light on the controller flashes white, it shows it is now in pairing mode.
- Then Open Settings of your device and go to Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Find DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller in the list of devices.
- Tap on it to pair.
- That’s all! You are done!
To disconnect the controller, simply go to Bluetooth settings and unpair the Dualshock 4 wireless controller.
For an Apple TV, al the steps are the same, except step 4. Go to Settings then click on Remotes and Devices and then Bluetooth.
Steps to Connect the Xbox controller
- Take your Xbox controller.
- Now Press and hold Xbox Button and Connect Button together for a few seconds until the controller comes in pairing mode.
- Now Go to iPhone/Ipad device Settings then head to Bluetooth and Turn it on.
- Find Xbox Wireless Controller in the list of devices, and pair it.
If you’re pairing with an Apple TV then go to Settings then Click on Remotes and Devices option and finally go to Bluetooth.
Steps to Connect the other game controller
If you have any other game controller other than pS4 and Xbox then also you can connect tat to your Apple device. Woah!
Follow the steps below to know the exact procedure.
- Grab your XYZ controller.
- Bring it into pairing mode by pressing some keys out. You can find it in the manual.
- Now go to your device, turn on Bluetooth, and find for controller name.
- Tap tp pair and you are done!
That’s all! This is all how you can connect your iPhone and iPad to various different controllers.
Playing games using a controller is fun-filled and when you have the option to feel that fun then why not to! In fact, share this with your friends and family and have more fun with them. I guess you now know well how to connect a PS4 or Xbox game controller to your iPhone or iPad. The steps are very simple and easy to follow.
I hope you would like the article. Share your feedback. Thanks for reading!