Google Play Music app has started shutting down for some users all over the world and by December the app will not be accessible for all users. But don’t worry here is a solution for you. You can transfer Google Play Music to Youtube Music and to help you out we are here with our quick guide.
So keep scrolling and reveal the simplest steps to move your music library, playlists, and preferences over to YouTube’s music-streaming service.
Transfer Google Play Music to Youtube Music
In August Google has confirmed that it is going to shut down Google Play Music and Youtube Music will replace it. And as a result, the Music app has started shutting down from Thursday morning for some users and unable to access their content. Whenever users try to access the content they get two options “Manage your data” or “Transfer to Youtube Music”. But how?
How to move your Google Play Music to Youtube Music?
- Your initial step in order to migrate your Google Play Music content to Youtube Music is to download the Youtube Music App. If you are on a PC then go to go to music.youtube.com/transfer, and click transfer.
- On both Google Play Music and Youtube Music, you will observe a transfer button tap on it.
- All your data including uploads, purchases, added songs and albums, personal and subscribed playlists will initiate migrating from Google Play Music to Youtube Music.
- The migration process will vary according to the content and it may consume a few hours. However, you can close the app and use your phone meanwhile and check back the transfer process.
- After completion of the transfer process, you will get notified via an email.
- Now open up your Youtube Music app and get your music in the library tab.
- You have done folks!
How much does moving to YouTube Music cost?
Here are the pricing details for Youtube Music:
- The ad-supported version of Youtube Music is totally free to listen to.
- YouTube Music Premium for $9.99 (£9.99, AU$11.99) a month.
- YouTube Premium for $11.99 (£11.99, AU$14.99) a month, to grab all benefits across all Youtube.
I think you are ready to transfer Google Play Music to Youtube Music with the above-mentioned steps. Do fast as the app is ready to shut down completely by December.
If you found the information worthful then do share with your nears and dears. Express your views in the comment box as well.