Amazon Prime Video (also known as Prime Video) is a streaming video service offered by online mega-retailer Amazon. The service is included as a feature of the online retail giant’s Prime service, which also offers free 1-day and 2-day shipping.
The Prime Video service offers a large library of movies and television shows, ranging from classic films and shows to recent offerings. The service is available around the world, excepting Mainland China, Iran, North Korea and Syria.
While the service is available to most of the world, you’ll find that Prime Video does not offer the same content around the world.
This is due to Amazon’s licensing agreements with film and television producers, which restrict access to the content on a country-by-country basis. So, shows you might enjoy while inside the United States may not be available to you while inside other countries, such as France or the United Kingdom.
Luckily, there is a way for Amazon Prime Video viewers who normally reside in the U.S. to still have access to their favorite shows and films while traveling or living abroad.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides users with the ability to access Amazon Prime Video content based in the U.S., while inside the borders of other countries. It does this by temporarily assigning your connected device a new IP address, making it appear as if you and your device are located somewhere inside the United States.
While this trick originally worked with numerous VPN providers, streaming services have over the years become good at detecting and blocking IP addresses that VPN providers issue to allow their users to access online content outside of licensed areas.
When this happens, it’s important that the VPN you subscribe to has both the resources and the willingness to quickly set up new IP addresses when the old addresses are blocked.
Don’t worry – with our guide, you’ll be able to get your Prime fix right now! We’ll show you how to easily watch Amazon Prime outside the US using the best VPNs on the market.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Outside the US (5 Very Simple Steps)
- Step 1– Subscribe to a VPN from this list (we recommend getting ExpressVPN).
- Step 2– Download the right app for your device, and install it.
- Step 3 – Run the app, look for a US server, and connect to it.
- Step 4 – Head to Amazon Prime Video and log into your account. If the site asks you to confirm your identity, choose to do it over email instead of the phone.
- Step 5 – Look for the content you want, and start enjoying it to the max!
What Is the Best VPN for Watching Amazon Prime Video?
Following rounds of testing, the following 5 VPN providers have proven their worth for accessing U.S. Amazon Prime Video content. The Reader’s Digest condensed version is as follows:
- NordVPN:This provider offers the best VPN protection and access to Amazon Prime Video in the U.S. Movie lovers will appreciate the provider’s excellent multi-platform app support, as well as its above-average customer support, all at a reasonable price.
- Surfshark:This budget-priced provider’s fast-growing server network delivers reliable access to Amazon Prime Video and other streaming services. Fast speeds and unlimited simultaneous connections allowance make this an attractive option for large groups of movie lovers.
- ExpressVPN:This provider offers reliable access to Amazon Prime Video content housed in the U.S. The provider’s excellent global server network and fast download speeds make it an optimal choice for Prime Video and many other streaming services. Be warned, it is the most expensive provider on this list.
- CyberGhost:This provider should make an attractive choice for novice VPN users who are looking for an easy-to-use, yet reliable VPN provider. CyberGhost’s apps offer one-click access to streaming-optimized servers stationed in the United States and numerous other parts of the world.
- PrivateVPN:Despite a less-than-impressive global server network, the provider does a good job of unblocking streaming services in the countries it does cover (the U.S. included). Fast speeds and good customer service are included in the price of admission.
Each VPN provider has its own particular set of strengths and weaknesses. While some provide fast download speeds, their server network is lacking. Others may boast a huge server network, but their app support may be less than optimal.
- PUBG Mobile India, Playable with these simple tricks
- Trump pardons ex-Google engineer Anthony Levandowski
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC With a Clock Speed of 3.2GHz Launched
- Chrome 88 is coming with the new Password Protection Feature- Check here all the details
- 5 Tremendous Benefits of Automated Schedule Creation for Your Business
- 3D Slots Guide – How to play 3D Slots
- What We Can Bet On In Technology In 2021