The central government will consider requests from technology entrepreneurs to launch India’s own app store.
In a bid to make India Aatmanirbhar (Self-reliant), the Modi government is reportedly planning to launch its own app store as an alternative to Google and Apple’s app store.
- India plans to start up its own mobile app store.
- India’s own app store would not charge a 30 percent fee on all applications.
- Android has a monopoly and has a 97 percent market share in India
India own app store as an alternative to
Google, Apple Store.
According to Government sources, C-DAC will build India’s alternative to Google’s Play store.
Android has a 97% market share in India, so India should Have its own App store. The app store is being built under the Aatmanirbhar App Scheme.
Indian start-ups and companies are calling for a local application store that does not charge a high service fee. This comes at a time when Fortnite developer Epic is enraged in a battle with Apple over its 30 percent cut on in-app purchases.
Play Store tax sparks call for an Indian alternative.
Paytm, one of India’s leading payments firms, protested against the U.S. tech giant’s decision to remove its app for a few hours last month citing violations of gambling policies.
Nonetheless, several Indian start-up founders are calling for a local app store that doesn’t charge a high service fee.
“It’s absolutely necessary to have a local app store,” said Vishal Gondal, co-founder of Bengaluru-based gaming firm nCore Games.
“If we have to give 30% fees to Google and also pay for customer acquisition, how will our budding businesses survive?”
India already runs a mobile app store that lists over 1200 mainly government-backed applications and the government could also consider expanding that instead of starting from scratch, the official added.
- PUBG Mobile India, Playable with these simple tricks
- Trump pardons ex-Google engineer Anthony Levandowski
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC With a Clock Speed of 3.2GHz Launched
- Chrome 88 is coming with the new Password Protection Feature- Check here all the details
- 5 Tremendous Benefits of Automated Schedule Creation for Your Business
- 3D Slots Guide – How to play 3D Slots
- What We Can Bet On In Technology In 2021