- PlayStation 5 sold out in India within seconds.
- The PS5 DualSense wireless controller is still available for purchase.
- People were quick to show their disappointment and anger on Twitter.
Sony’s much-awaited PlayStation 5 was sold out within seconds in India, soon after it was available for pre-order today. Online orders began at 12 pm today on various e-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, and Sony Center among others. Within minutes, all websites said the PS5 was either sold out or not available disappointing many game enthusiasts.
The Ps5 was available for pre-orders for the first time in India at Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital, Games the Shop, Sony Center, Vijay Sales, and select other authorized retail partners.
Sony India has also set up a helpline at 1800-103-7799 to help PlayStation fans find retailers across India. Sony asked customers to be in touch with retailers for the next order phase and not go to stores to buy the PS5, keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind.
PS5 stock out situations over various websites:
- On Amazon, the Ps5 was sold out in barely 30 seconds, and on Flipkart, it took just 15 seconds.
- Sony Center, Reliance Digital, and Vijay Sales show “sold out” or “currently unavailable” by 12:02 pm.
- Prepaid Gamer Card and Games The Shop struggled to load and crashed or not able to manage the traffic in the first place.
Customers who managed to pre-book the PlayStation 5 can expect delivery on or before May 24. The delivery date may get delayed due to the lockdown situation.
The new PlayStation 5 will be powered by an octa-core AMD Zen 2-based CPU clocked at up to 3.5GHz. Similarly, a custom AMD RDNA 2 will take care of the graphics, capable of 10.28 TFLOPs of throughout.
As for storage, Sony has opted for a custom 825GB SSD solution. Third-party drives can also be added, but they will need to have a speed of at least 5.5GBps for optimal results.
The new gamepad is called the PS5 DualSense controller and brings a fresh design with a black and white aesthetic. The L2 and R2 shoulder buttons also have adaptive haptic feedback. A microphone will also be built in to allow gamers to communicate without the need for a headset.
Thanks for Reading!!
We will let our readers know, as soon as there is an update on the Sony PS5 restock in India.