The Indian government on Friday banned 47 more Chinese apps, after 59 China-based apps were banned in June-end. These 47 apps were acting as clones of the 59 Chinese apps that were banned earlier
India has prepared a list of some Chinese applications over user privacy violation, signaling the possibility of more Chinese companies being banned in the country.
As per the government sources, India has drawn up a list of over 250 Chinese apps that are under scanner for any violation of national security and user privacy.
Some top gaming Chinese applications are also expected to be banned in the new list that is being drawn up, sources said. The Chinese applications, that are being reviewed, have allegedly been sharing data with the Chinese agencies.
This follows after high-profile ban of 59 Chinese apps including TikTok as border tensions continued in Ladakh after a violent, fatal face-off between the Indian and Chinese armies. The government said these apps were engaged in activities that were prejudicial to the sovereignty, integrity and defence of India.
- Samsung on early Galaxy S21 launch – Details Inside
- Instagram blocks #sikh hashtag for users
- PS5 Outperforms Xbox Series X on Certain Games: Why!!!
- Martin Henderson Raves About Girlfriend Aisha Mendez on Instagram
- Playstation 5 Consoles Bought in India Before Official Launch Will Not Have Warranty: Report
- Tesla plans to produce electric car chargers in China
- Soon, you may be able to play Xbox games on smart TV via Xbox app
- Facebook, Google to Face Tougher Competition Rules in UK From New Antitrust Body