- Normally someone who sends a DM can see when you’ve read it.
- You can check your messages without letting the other person know you have seen them.
- You can read Instagram messages without being seen through your email.
Whenever a person checks the messages on Instagram, it is marked as ‘seen’ whereas WhatsApp comes with a feature that allows to turn off read receipts. But, now there are two ways-temporary and permanent solutions which allow one to check DMs without them being marked as “seen”.
Instagram’s latest trick allows one to check DMs without them being marked as “seen”.
- Visit the Instagram app and check the DMs.
- Open the smartphone’s control center and turn off both WiFi and your mobile data.
- Go back to Instagram DMs and ensure that the mobile data and WiFi are still off.
- Therefore, if you now check the DMs, you will not be able to check the “seen” report since your internet is off.
- After you switch on the internet, you will get a ‘seen’ report on the DMs.
Instagram’s latest trick: Permanent Solution
- After you get a DM from a user, just don’t click on the message.
- Visit that user’s profile and ‘restrict’ that person by clicking on the three dots on the top right of the profile page and select “Restrict”.
- This will lead to moving the message to the “Message Requests” folder so they won’t be able to see if you have read it or not.
Another way that can help you to read Instagram messages without being seen is to restrict the people you wish to read messages from without seen. Actually, when you restrict someone on Instagram, you will not see their posts and stories, and you can control their comments so that other people can’t see them below your posts.
But how to restrict someone on Instagram? Well, open the desired account profile, tap on the three dots icon and then, hit the “Restrict” button.
Thanks for Reading!!
If you still have questions on Instagram’s latest trick or face any difficulties, just leave us a comment and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.