- Apple’s latest software update lets you unlock your iPhone with a mask.
- You can use your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone when you are wearing a face mask.
- The new update is over 1GB in size.
Tired of Face ID failing when you’re wearing a face mask? iOS 14.5 now eliminates the hassle, but you’ll need to have an Apple Watch.
Apple’s iOS 14.5 is out, This will make it a lot easier to get through your day without having to enter your passcode each time you need to use your phone (because the Face ID can’t recognize you with that mask on). As long as your phone and watch are in close proximity, you will be able to unlock your iPhone just by turning on the screen.
How to unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch when wearing a mask?
- First things first, make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are running iOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4, respectively.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and then select FaceID& Passcode, enter your iPhone’s passcode when asked.
- Next up scroll down to “Unlock with Apple Watch.”
- Once done, toggle it on to turn the feature. That’s it. You can start now use your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone when you are wearing a face mask.
Additional iOS 14.5 Features
- Apple Podcasts gets redesigned show pages to make it easier to start listening, as well as an option to save and download episodes so they are automatically added to Library for quick access. Top Charts, categories, and curated collections on the Search tab help listeners discover new shows.
- AirTag support allows users to keep track of and find important items, such as keys, a wallet, backpack, or more, privately and securely in the Find My app.
- Apple News features a redesigned News+ tab, making it easier for subscribers to quickly find, download, and manage magazine and newspaper issues, and an all-new Search experience helps all Apple News users find relevant topics, channels, and stories.2
Thanks for Reading!!