AliExpress is a Chinese online retail company owned by Alibaba Group Ltd.
AliExpress has been providing its customers with an extensive range of products at reasonable prices. It was not long before AliExpress established a strong customer base and manufacturing network in India.
However, some time ago,59 Chinese apps have been banned by the Indian Home Ministry on Monday i.e. June 29, 2020. These apps have been claimed to have reportedly compromised the safety and security of user data and privacy.
Is AliExpress banned in India?
AliExpress is a popular online retail brand with more than 100 million downloads on Google Play Store. It allows users to buy all kinds of products and goods that are available in the market at a discounted price. It reportedly gained its popularity in India back in the year 2016.
However, the ban on 59 Chinese apps has worried many Indian customers of AliExpress who have already purchased products. Nonetheless, one can rest assured that the app and the website of AliExpress would not stop, as of now, as the Home Ministry has not banned the online retail brand in the country yet.
Why is AliExpress not banned in India?
Can AliExpress be banned in India in the coming times?
A month after India banned 59 Chinese applications, the government has reportedly banned 47 more Chinese apps such as TikTok Light, Cam Scanner advance, etc, The government is yet to officially announce the ban and disclose the list. This move also comes amid reports that the government has reportedly now put another 275 Chinese apps under the scanner that it will inspect for violation of national security and privacy of users. According to sources, this list includes the likes of PUBG, Alibaba’s Aliexpress, Zili, Resso, ULike, among others. Resso and ULike are apps from ByteDance, which also owns TikTok.
- Microsoft to hike the XBOX Live Gold price
- Apple reportedly planning new MacBook Air with MagSafe charging
- Mirzapur Makers, Amazon Prime Video Face Supreme Court Notice for Ban on Web Series
- Why Rust’s Popularity Exploded
- A Beginner’s Guide to Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Elon Musk to Offer $100-Million Prize for ‘Best’ Carbon Capture Technology
- Epic Games announces $20 million prize pool for 2021 Fortnite tournaments
- Massive Crackdown! PUBG Mobile has banned over 1.2 Million Accounts