Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has clarified Microsoft’s strategy for next-gen and, once again, stressed that Microsoft doesn’t necessarily need to sell the Xbox Series X to be successful.
Microsoft says it doesn’t need to sell the Xbox Series X for it to be successful.
Microsoft more focused on attracting new customers to the Xbox ecosystem and that could be via PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, or Android.
- It is all about priority and reaching more players. For that, they first took the PC route after Xbox because there are so many players across the world who do not own an Xbox.
Microsoft is launching the Xbox Series X this year, but given the current state of the world, some have questioned the timing. Will people really be interested in buying an expensive new console in the midst of a pandemic, recession.
We want to make sure we’re providing the right value to customers.
Price is going to be important, but our strategy is centered around the player, not the device.
If this is not the year when a family wants to make a decision to buy a new Xbox, that’s okay. Our strategy does not revolve around how many Xboxes I sell this year.
Our high-level goal inside our team is “How we measure ourselves”, is
How many people are playing on Xbox, And when we say ‘playing on Xbox’ it doesn’t mean an Xbox console. It means somebody who is logging in and playing a part of our ecosystem, whether first-party or third-party. And it could be on an Android phone. It could be on a Switch. It could be on a PC. That’s how we think about it.”
In the interview, Spencer also hinted that the Xbox Game Pass could expand to more platforms in the future, particularly Chromebooks and FireTV via cloud streaming, and also added that iOS users will eventually be able to play Xbox games on their devices.
While Microsoft’s vision may seem like an early declaration of defeat, the company is banking on Xbox Game Pass to provide a regular and recurring revenue stream.
- PS5 Outperforms Xbox Series X on Certain Games: Why!!!
- Martin Henderson Raves About Girlfriend Aisha Mendez on Instagram
- Playstation 5 Consoles Bought in India Before Official Launch Will Not Have Warranty: Report
- Tesla plans to produce electric car chargers in China
- Soon, you may be able to play Xbox games on smart TV via Xbox app
- Facebook, Google to Face Tougher Competition Rules in UK From New Antitrust Body
- WhatsApp could soon receive Read Later, Multi-devices support and many more features
- Cox and Kings promoter arrested by ED – Check Details