A piece of shocking news is coming for Internet users. Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), and Edge Browser will not be operational soon.
- The world’s largest technology company Microsoft has decided to discontinue its popular browser, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), and Edge Browser.
- The company will also soon stop technical support for both these browsers.
- According to the information received, Microsoft has announced that from the beginning of the year 2021, it is going to close Internet Explorer 11 and Edge Browser.
That is, in 2021, Microsoft will not support both these services.
When Will It Happen?
The process of shutting down Internet Explorer 11 will begin from November 30 this year. After this, Microsoft 365 (Microsoft 365) apps and services will not support the browser starting from 17 August 2021.
- Simply put, users will not be able to use Microsoft services such as Outlook, OneDrive, and Office 365 on Internet Explorer 11.
- Users will not be able to technically uninstall the browser from a Microsoft device, but no update will be released on behalf of the company.
Microsoft plans to automatically install the browser on Windows 10 PCs via Windows Update soon. GoodBye EdgeHTML, Hello EdgeChromium.
What can be expected further? What is the Chromium-based Edge browser?
- Chromium-based edge browser will come in the market After 7 months, Microsoft will introduce Chromium Based Edge Browser, which will be available in all sport versions of Windows (Windows) and Mac (Mac) operating systems.
- The new Edge browser includes a dedicated Internet Explorer mode. Also, the new browser will provide faster web access to Microsoft 365 subscribers.
The new Microsoft Edge is based on the Chromium open-source project. Chromium forms the basis of Google Chrome, so the new Edge feels very similar to Google Chrome. It includes features found in Chrome, supports Chrome browser extensions, and has the same rendering engine as Google Chrome.