Connect with us

Games news

Nintendo Direct plans cancelled for rest of 2020 claims insider

Published

on

Is this the end for Nintendo Direct? (pic: Nintendo)

The latest rumour about Nintendo Direct is that there will be no Nintendo Direct, with games instead being announced individually.

As if previous rumours of late June for the next Nintendo Direct weren’t bad enough the latest suggestion is that Nintendo has given up on the video showcases entirely.

Nintendo’s unique workplace culture seems to be having particular difficulty coping with lockdown, on top of the fact that the company already hadn’t announced anything new for months before the pandemic started.

And according to website VentureBeat, Nintendo has now told its various partners not to wait for a new Direct if they want to announce something.

This follows the announcement last week of Paper Mario: The Origami King, which came out of the blue and wasn’t accompanied by any kind of Nintendo Direct, just a trailer posted online.

The implication is that this will be how all future announcements are handled for the foreseeable future, with no attempt to have an equivalent of the usual E3-themed Nintendo Direct.

Although there are several rumours for upcoming Switch games they’re all remasters, namely Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and remasters of several older 3D Super Mario games – possibly as a Super Mario All-Stars compilation.

Paper Mario was the only rumoured new game and now that’s been confirmed there’s no clue as to what else Nintendo is planning, which you could infer means there will be no more brand-new titles out this year.

No less than Nintendo’s president has said that there are unannounced games due out this year, but that would include remasters.

It’s certain that there will be a lot of marketing hype to go around for the 3D Super Mario remasters and since they’re nominally to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., which was first released in September 1985, it could be that they’re planned as Nintendo’s big Christmas release.

More: Gaming

VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb previously predicted that Sony would hold its first major PlayStation 5 reveal event on 4 June, but he now believes the date has changed ‘by a matter of days’.

More significantly, he now says that rather than being a ‘hefty next gen event’ with ‘a lot’ of games it will no longer be quite as hefty as before.

Supposedly, Sony is constantly changing and refining its plans, with Japanese companies in general suffering from the inability to do business face-to-face as they are used to – although in Sony’s case that’s mitigated by the fact that the PlayStation business is now centralised in the US.

According to Grubb, Sony has a ‘couple’ of events planned at the moment, with the first set to feature both first and third party games and a new State of Play online event planned for early August.

Email gamecentral@metro.co.uk, leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter

MORE: Pikmin 3 Deluxe out ‘soon’ on Nintendo Switch claims insider

MORE: Nintendo has new unannounced Switch games this year confirms president

MORE: Nintendo Switch is only halfway through its life cycle

Follow Metro Gaming on Twitter and email us at gamecentral@metro.co.uk

For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.

Gaming

How to download PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update (100% working tips)

Published

on

download PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update

PUBG is the most popular battle royale title and after being banned in India, users are in shock. Ability to run on low-end smartphones enhanced PUBG Lite reputation and the developers trying their best to offer a seamless user experience via different updates. On September 17, developers have launched the most awaited version called PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update and if have headed here then definitely you want to download PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update. Scroll down to know the step by step downloading process of the latest PUBG update.

The newest update of PUBG Lite is of 350 MB for Android devices and for installing it on your smartphone your device must have 600 MB of free storage. Users can download the latest update via Google Play Store and those who are unable to download from the official store can follow the steps mentioned below:

Disclaimer: As you know PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite have banned in India so we don’t advise Indian users to download the game.

How to play PUBG Mobile on PC?

How to download PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update

Those who possess the less RAM devices can download the latest update of PUBG Lite without any worry. You will get the full fleased gameplay on your low memory smartphones and to install it on your devices you need to follow these steps:

  • First of all download the PUBG Mobile Lite 0.19.0 update APK from the trusted source.
  • Before installing the apk file on your device you have to make necessary changes in your smartphone’s settings. Move to settings> Security and Privacy> Allow installation from unknown sources.
  • Now you are able to install the  Apk file.
  • Its time to navigate to File Manager and locate the downloaded Apk file and hit the install button.
  • Wait for a while as it will consume a few some time to install and after completing installation you are ready to take part in the addictive battle.

Best 5 PUBG alternatives 2020

Important updating tips

  • It is best to download the latest update over a Wi-Fi connection. You can also try to download on a 4G network but make sure you are not performing any other task at the same time.
  • Minimum 600 MB RAM is required to download PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update.
  • At the time of downloading your device need enough charging so charge it before downloading.

EndNote

If you can’t afford high-end smartphones then PUBG Mobile Lite Global version 0.19.0 update is a surprise for you. With this update you can enjoy the world-popular battle royale title on your low-end mobiles. Here you came across the downloading process for the same and I hope after reading this guide you would be able to access the APK file of the game without any trouble.

If you found the information helpful then don’t forget to share with your PUBG lover buddies. Also, share your feedback via the comment section.

Thank You

Continue Reading

Games news

PS5 reveal event is next week claims insider

Published

on

DualSense – will we see what the console looks like next week? (pic: Sony)

We could be just seven days away from the long-awaited PlayStation 5 reveal, as Sony prepares another State Of Play tonight.

It’s been a week or so since we’ve heard anything new about Sony’s big reveal event for the PlayStation 5, when the date was last suggested as Friday, 5 June.

Even then it was admitted that Sony’s plans keep changing, and now a new Bloomberg report has claimed that Wednesday, 3 June is set to be the big day.

If that is true we’re certainly not getting much official warning about it, but the number of respected sources suggesting that the reveal is going to be early June does seem to be mounting.

The report is by former Kotaku journalist Jason Schreier, who notes that, ‘Other PlayStation 5 events may follow in the coming weeks and months and Sony is not expected to reveal every essential detail on the console during its first presentation’.

That’s not much to go on, but it’s certainly true that during the initial reveal of the PlayStation 4 the actual console wasn’t shown and the focus was purely on the games, which at this point we think most people would be perfectly happy with.

More: Gaming

Sony does have another State Of Play showcase planned for tonight at 9pm, but it’s going to focus purely on The Last of Us Part 2, to the point where Sony has already warned they won’t be saying anything about the PlayStation 5.

The release of The Last of Us Part 2 next month, and Ghost Of Tsushima in July, does make things slightly awkward for Sony, as both are major exclusives that they’ll want to devote all their energies to promoting.

There’s also the fact that both are extremely good-looking games and Sony will need to ensure there’s a clear improvement from them to whatever they show for the PlayStation 5.

Email gamecentral@metro.co.uk, leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter.

MORE: PS5 processing speed is 100 times faster than PS4 claims Sony

MORE: Gran Turismo 7 for PS5 leak was ‘misinterpreted’ claims peripheral maker

MORE: PS5 reveal event rumoured for June, will feature ‘entire slate’ of games

Follow Metro Gaming on Twitter and email us at gamecentral@metro.co.uk

For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.

Continue Reading

Games news

Formula E driver Daniel Abt got gamer to cheat in esports race for him

Published

on

That is kind of suspicious… (pic: YouTube)

A prominent Formula E driver has been dropped by his team and forced to pay money to charity after he was caught cheating online.

There is no Formula 1 at the moment, or any of its related sports, but like many people drivers have found they can work from home, in this case by playing video games.

German Formula E (for electrically powered cars) driver Daniel Abt was supposed to be playing simulation rFactor 2 but fellow competitor, and former Formula 1 driver, Stoffel Vandoorne became suspicious when Abt turned off his camera.

As Vandoorne suspected, it turned out Abt wasn’t playing the game at all and instead it was a professional gamer named Lorenz Horzing who was doing it for him.

Abt has been disqualified from the competition and told to pay £8,900 to charity. He’s also been suspended by his team at Audi Sport, which according to website The Race will be permanent.

‘I did not take it as seriously as I should have,’ said Abt in a statement.

‘I am especially sorry about this because I know how much work has gone into this project on the part of the Formula E organisation. I am aware that my offence has a bitter aftertaste but it was never meant with any bad intention.’

More: Gaming

Up till now Abt has been a major figure in Formula E, winning two races in the 2018 season and enjoying a lucrative contract with Audi.

‘Integrity, transparency and consistent compliance with applicable rules are top priorities for Audi – this applies to all activities the brand is involved in without exception’, said the company in a statement.

‘For this reason, Audi Sport has decided to suspend Daniel Abt with immediate effect.’

The irony is that Horzing/Abt didn’t even win anyway, coming in third behind Vandoorne and Britain’s Oliver Rowland.

Email gamecentral@metro.co.uk, leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter.

MORE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 story campaign co-op footage leaks

MORE: Maneater review – shark week forever

MORE: Call Of Duty: WWII free today on PS Plus

Follow Metro Gaming on Twitter and email us at gamecentral@metro.co.uk

For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.

Continue Reading

Trending