- OnePlus Labs Launch Clipt File Sharing App For Android And Chrome.
- It makes it easy to transfer text, images, and files across your devices.
- Clipt app is available across platforms including Android, iOS, and Chrome.
OnePlus has announced a new app called Clipt. The new app will let users transfer text, photos, and files wirelessly between smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
Clipt is currently available on the Google Play Store for your Android device and is also available on the Chrome extensions store for your browser. This lets you also use Clipt between a smartphone and a desktop/laptop.
- OnePlus advertises Clipt as a solution for those of us who routinely copy data back and forth from our phone to our computer, with some people relying on cloud storage, email, or some other rather cumbersome method.
- Clipt is supposed to make it easy to transfer images, files, and text between your devices, though there’s a severe limitation on Android.
- Clipt also has a clipboard feature that can help you copy the text on one device, and paste it on some other device. OnePlus says that Clipt app is available across platforms including Android, iOS, and Chrome.
How OnePlus Clipt App Works?
“The app and Chrome extension creates a link between your devices to seamlessly connect your clipboard,” OnePlus said. “Once installed you can copy on one device and paste on another or use it to send files back and forth easily, connected to as many devices as you’d like.”
With that out of the way, OnePlus also promises that it does not store the user’s data on its servers in the transfer process. Instead, users need to sign in with their Google account so that Clipt uses their Google Drive storage.
The new app comes after OnePlus decided to discontinue its FileDash app in favor of Google’s new Nearby Share. While Nearby Share is pretty easy to use in itself, it does lack a cross-device clipboard feature, which is where Clipt would fill in.
Thanks for Reading!!