- Merchants can start collecting payments from their customers by tapping the card on the back of their smartphones.
- Paytm’s Smart POS offering will also support more than 10 local languages.
- Merchants do not need to keep checking their mobile phones for confirmation.
Paytm Smart POS for Android.
The Paytm Smart POS is designed to empower merchants to accept card payments through their smartphones as this application transforms a smartphone into a device that accepts debit and credit card payments just like a normal EDC (electronic data capture) machine.
Paytm said it aims to equip millions of street hawkers, small merchants, MSMEs, tuck-shop owners, Kirana stores who have smartphones but no POS machine in the shop.
Paytm said it has partnered with leading financial services institutions including Visa and MasterCard for facilitating card payments for Smart POS. It would soon be live with Rupay as well, the company said.
The best part is that the application feature to transform mobile to POS machine is not available on any other Platform that increases Paytm reputation to another level.
Paytm Soundbox 2.0: Features
Introducing the all-new Soundbox 2.0, Paytm said that the new device comes equipped with a digitally enabled screen that gives instant visual confirmation of the paid amount along with the voice-based response.
1. Merchants do not need to keep checking their mobile phones for confirmation.
2. Paytm Soundbox 2.0 smart device also empowers merchants to record the net amount corresponding to the merchant`s collection along with voice-based confirmation.
3. It also comes with a function button to fetch a payment summary for the entire day.
Compared to the first version, Soundbox 2.0 will cost a merchant an upfront device fee of ₹750 and a monthly subscription fee of ₹150.
How Paytm Smart POS for Android System works??
- Merchants simply need to sign up on the Paytm for Business App.
- After which they will be required to download the `Paytm Smart POS` on their Android-based mobile phones.
- Once downloaded, merchants can start collecting payments from their customers by tapping the card on the back of their smartphones.
- The payment is then successfully collected and transferred to the merchant`s account along with the other QR payments.
Thanks For reading!!