Popcorn Time disappeared a couple of years in the past, forcing individuals who used the extraordinarily straightforward “Netflix, however for piracy” app to go looking elsewhere for films and TV exhibits. Right now, as extra individuals are compelled to self-quarantine in an effort to curb the unfold of the novel coronavirus, Popcorn Time has returned, Motherboard reports.
“Love within the Time of Corona Model 0.four is out,” a tweet from the Popcorn Time Twitter account reads.
Popcorn Time was scrutinized when it was launched in 2014. The streaming app grew to become extraordinarily standard for individuals who wished to entry movies that had been nonetheless in theaters — or these not on streaming companies — however with a much more polished interface than often-sketchy piracy web sites that required customers to seek out, confirm, and obtain hyperlinks themselves.
Popcorn Time, alternatively, successfully eliminated the downloading course of, and streamlined the viewing expertise, making it almost so simple as authorized streaming (even though the service nonetheless depends on the identical BitTorrent expertise as common torrenting). Consequently, Popcorn Time was shut down a number of instances, and it had its IP blocked in plenty of nations. Motherboard additionally notes that whereas different variations of Popcorn Time are energetic proper now, “the person interface of this one and its launch look like intently affiliated with earlier Popcorn Time initiatives, based mostly on area redirects and URLs.”
The newest model of Popcorn Time contains new films like Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Amazon Eyes First Foray Into Broadcasting Soccer Matches In Italy
- Apple may launch its own search engine to take on Google, reports
- Microsoft says it doesn’t need to sell the Xbox Series X for it to be successful
- Donald Trump campaign website hacked by cryptocurrency scammers
- Google Pay taken down from App Store for fixing an issue
- Zoom rolling out end-to-end encryption, YouTube live streaming on Android
- Facebook launches cloud gaming service for Android and Desktop users
- PUBG Mobile Season 16 Release Date, Royale Pass, Rewards and Rumoured content