- PUBG Mobile Global Championship announced with $6 million prize pool.
- The League stages will be held in November and December 2021 and finals in January 2022.
- Tencent hasn’t confirmed whether the tournament will take place online.
PUBG Mobile Global Championship (PMGC) will feature a stunning $6,000,000 USD prize pool. This is the biggest in any single tournament in mobile esports history. Even all the PUBGM tournaments from 2020 did not have this much amount to offer for the champion team. The PMGC season zero featured a total of $2M USD.
The games can be watched on PUBG Mobile esports channels on Twitch, Youtube, and Facebook. The PMGC League will run from Nov. 2021 to Jan 2022. It has been further split into two: weekdays play and the Super Weekend. Teams that did not participate in the last PMPL can still participate if they show great performance in the upcoming Regional Championship.
India will not be taking part in the biggest PUBG Mobile tournament in the world. The PUBG Mobile Global Championship 2021 is the third global event that India will be missing out. This is due to the ban on Indian players by Tencent from their tournaments. The Pro league of South Asia was also missed by the Indian region for the same reason which saw a low viewership for the tournament.
- Weekdays play will happen on Tuesdays and Wednesdays of each of the four weeks.
- The 24 teams have been split into three groups of eight teams each.
- Two groups will compete at a time in a round-robin format.
- Six matches will be played per day for a total of 12 matches each week.
- The top 16 teams from the results of these two days will advance to the Super Weekend.
- The scores of the weekday’s play will reset every week
James Yang, Director of PUBG Mobile Global Esports, discussed multiple topics during a PUBG Mobile Global Championships Finals press conference. James gave his insight on the PMGC Finals, the 2021 esports program, and how the team handles COVID-19. Additionally, he addressed other focus points regarding regional diversity, western markets, and cheating.
Thanks for Reading!!