PUBG Mobile, the uber-popular battle royale title from Tencent Games, has seen a massive global revenue gain in the first half of this year, bringing its lifetime collection to $3 billion (roughly Rs. 22,457 crores). PUBG Mobile, along with its Chinese variant known as Game For Peace, has collected a total of $1.3 billion (roughly Rs. 9,731 crores) in 2020 alone. With people staying mostly indoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic and government-imposed lockdowns, the revenues hit a record high of $270 million (roughly Rs. 2,021 crores) in March.
According to Store Intelligence estimates by San Francisco-based Sensor Tower, PUBG Mobile dominated the multiplayer battle royale games arena with revenues nearly four times greater than another hugely popular title, Garena Free Fire. In 2020, while the Garena offering collected over $300 million (roughly Rs. 2,245 crores), Knives Out from NetEase generated over $260 million (roughly Rs. 1,946 crores) in revenue. Following them is Activision’s Call of Duty: Mobile that turned in a revenue of $220 million (roughly Rs. 1,646 crores).
- ByteDance in Early Talks to List Chinese Short Video App Douyin in Hong Kong: Sources
- Chrome OS finally has a dark mode, and you can try it right now
- WhatsApp to get multi-device support, new storage feature soon
- BEST VPNs FOR STREAMING IN 2020
- Amazon And Flipkart Are back with Season 2 of Sales? Know all details here !!
- Epic Games is backlashing Apple again via a court filing.
- WhatsApp latest feature against fake notifications, update app instantly!!
- 7 Expenses Not to Charge On Your Business Credit Card